Manager Process Improvement
Company: FirstKey Homes
Posted on: January 16, 2022
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIESThe Manager Process Improvement will
be responsible for partnering with functional leaders across
FirstKey Homes to identify, define and manage multiple process
improvement projects that eliminate inefficiencies, streamline
processes, help optimize costs and drive scalable growth. This role
will utilize Six Sigma and Lean frameworks to interface with team
members to establish project charters, define business cases,
conduct statistical analyses, build reporting mechanisms,
coordinate change management efforts and monitor solutions to
ensure inefficiencies are eliminated.
- Manage completion of multiple operational process improvement
projects being executed simultaneously across the enterprise to
eliminate inefficiencies, streamline processes, help optimize costs
and drive scalable growth.
- Coach and develop others in the organization in Six Sigma and
Lean practices and promote a continuous improvement culture
- Oversee creation of project charters to establish goals and
objectives related to improvement activities. Meet with business
leaders to define business cases, identify process owners and
systems, databases and necessary resources needed for process
- Organize and lead process improvement workshops with functional
leaders and their teams
- Develop data collection plans, collect data, and map workflows.
Interpret results to identify process gaps in quality, reliability,
efficiency, and risk.
- Monitor metrics relative to improvement projects and
collaborate with stakeholders to address challenges, ensure
projects remain within scope and meet established timelines.
- Evaluate data and calculate appropriate descriptive and/or
inferential statistical analyses; create new variables if
necessary, to fit advanced statistical models.
- Generate recommendations and demonstrate how improvements will
meet strategic priorities while also considering risk and reward
outcomes with cost-benefit analysis findings.
- Present solutions to business partners to prove that the
introduction of new processes will be effective, sustainable and
- Drive change management efforts by coordinating internal
resources or developing tools, such as policies and procedures, to
ensure solutions are integrated seamlessly into business
- Create reports, dashboards, or other data visualizations to
monitor implemented solutions and identify if solutions need
- Audit closed projects to ensure results are maintained and to
proactively identify additional process improvement
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job
duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned
by the incumbent's manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Primarily working indoors, office environment.
- May sit for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Business,
Statistics, Operations Management, or equivalent work experience
- Certification in Lean or Six Sigma or equivalent
- 4-7 years of experience leading process improvement
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
- Proven ability to interface with team members at various levels
from Individual Contributor to C-Suite Executives
- Proven ability to manage multiple operational process
improvements projects simultaneously within various departments
across an organization
- Strong understanding of descriptive and interferential
statistics; specific to selecting appropriate tests, conducting
analyses, and interpreting results in a business context
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate degree in related area
- Black Belt certification
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Experience facilitating and managing groups towards completion
of an objective
- Experience in managing a portfolio of improvement projects
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
- Experience using advanced data analysis tools (Minitab, SQL,
VBA, Python, Statistical Models, and R)
- Experience with Power BI or other data visualization tools
- Experience creating and using discrete event simulation
- Experience applying change management techniques
- Six Sigma and Lean - Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean tools and
methodologies including DMAIC, Lean, Kaizen, and DFSS
- Project Management - Knowledge of business and management
principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation,
leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new
information for both current and future problem-solving and
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and
reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or
approaches to problems.
- Mathematics- Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself,
other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take
- Time Management- Managing one's own time and the time of
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information
- Systems Evaluation- Identifying measures or indicators of
system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct
performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate
for the needs of the audience
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change
(positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and
using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Attention to Detail- Job requires being careful about detail
and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the
job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Independence - Job requires developing one's own ways of doing
things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and
depending on oneself to get things done.
- Integrity- Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge,
and offer opinions and direction.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not
tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status,
veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected
classification or status.IND1
Keywords: FirstKey Homes, Atlanta , Manager Process Improvement, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!