Outside Sales Account Manager
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Company Overview Outside Sales Account Manager - Healthcare/Senior
Living As an Outside Sales Account Manager you will be responsible
for selling MRO (maintenance, repair and operations) supplies along
with products for Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled
Nursing facilities for an established portfolio of Healthcare
customers to maintain and drive sales. This position offers a
competitive base salary plus a sales incentive bonus. A
laptop/tablet (HP X2), cell phone and a monthly allowance are
included. HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the
largest industrial distributors in North America. The company
provides a broad range of products and value-add services to
approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in
maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction
sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and
six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000
associates provide localized, customer-driven services including
jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified
logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its
customers' success. Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary
Responsible for profitably growing sales to achieve yearly growth
goals through the development of relationships with emphasis on
solutions for emerging industries and markets. Responsible for
prospecting for new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and
increasing opportunities with new and existing customers using a
consultative selling approach to deliver value to our customers.
Grow sales by identifying key opportunities and recommending
programs and product that support the customer business model.
Provide service to meet customer needs through knowledge of the
company service capabilities, programs, and HD Supply product
offering to achieve maximum market penetration. This position
requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and
such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average
work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a
Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position
is an acceptable MVR report. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Manages and grows sales volume with existing and new customers.
Prospects successfully to expand the customer base with the
expectation of incremental growth.
- Develops and implements plans to expand business presence for a
portfolio and/or obtain new sales business.
- Sells based on company value proposition by identifying key
growth opportunities of HD Supply product and services
- Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision
makers and influencers on all levels of an organization to attain
- Shares market and competitor information with all applicable
channels within the organization and establishes relationships and
working partnerships with all levels.
- Participates in all local trade shows. Attends monthly business
meetings for all business sponsored associations.
- Utilizes reporting to analyze customer buying trends and
develop plans to qualify and engage new customers. Penetrates
multiple buying types within an organization.
- Remains up-to-date on product improvements, industry, and
technical knowledge. Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem
solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations.
Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under
conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information,
that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to
results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions.
Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments,
including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress
and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to
employees professional development but does not have hiring or
firing authority. Work Environment
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 5-8
years of experience in related field; certification is required in
some areas OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in
related field. Certification is required in some areas. Preferred
Qualifications & Job Specific Details Preferred Qualifications
- Sales experience with Assisted living, Skilled Nursing,
Independent living is a plus.
- Direct sales to Healthcare and facilities maintenance
- 3 or more years business to business (B2B) field sales
- Direct sales to HD Supply facility customers and industry
- Organizational skills and knowledge of handheld
- Knowledge of facilities products such as hardware, electrical,
lighting, plumbing, janitorial and HVAC product lines.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and SalesForce.com, or similar
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals in a remote
position. PRID PRID147 Job ID 2019-34412 Business Unit Facilities
Maintenance Functional Area Sales Remote Position? Yes Position
Type Full-Time Posting Location : Postal Code 30339 HD Supply is an
Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD
Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Atlanta , Outside Sales Account Manager, Sales , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!