Director of Enterprise Sales- Southeast
Posted on: January 15, 2021
The Director of Enterprise Sales is responsible for expanding our
overall business with top organizations by setting growth
strategies for the future. As the leader of the Enterprise team,
this position will spend time networking and building multiple
relationships at the Executive levels. The Director of Enterprise
Sales will manage the relationship, strategy and growth goals for
This person reports to the Region VP of Sales and will have regular
interaction with the SVP of Sales and Sales leadership in PL and
This position can be based anywhere. The director will need to
travel regularly throughout the Southeast region, and be accessible
to customers and leaders as needed.
Talent Leadership and People Management
• Provide leadership to the Enterprise Sales team to drive their
performance through guidance, focused training, mentoring, and
• Shares sales and operational knowledge and wisdom in order to
inspire and motivate others to become effective sales leaders
• Create awareness and collaboration with PTL and PL sales teams to
bring our expertise to the customer or prospect.
• Orchestrate collaboration across a field of stakeholders in the
execution of complex deals
• Provide insight and feedback regarding the performance of
Executive Sales team based on appropriate evaluation methods and
• Identify training needs and development of training programs and
monitor application of trainings and progress
Customer Relationship Management
• Establish relationships with assigned accounts through networking
and relationship building at the executive level.
• Build Penske brand recognition from within customer organizations
through personal interaction, attendance at corporate events /
meetings, and strong customer relationships
• Responsible for understanding customers' business needs in order
to orchestrate the necessary internal resources to ensure business
objectives are met.
• Act as the lead contact and Penske representative to assigned
• Create transportation solutions strategies to address customers'
current and anticipated business needs.
• Partner with the customer to maintain deep knowledge of customer
business to anticipate and recommend solutions.
• Explores innovative approaches to addressing specific customer
needs and resolving issues
Deal Strategy, Planning, and Growth
• Develop a sales strategy for each assigned account to cultivate
new business for all Penske product lines.
• Leverage internal resources to facilitate the implementation of
the sales strategy.
• At the direction of SVP of Sales, assist with securing large
deals with a sales associate.
• Provide strategic oversight and direction through the sales
• Demonstrates strategic thinking in developing sales strategy for
large complex deals
• Leverages in depth knowledge of business, customers, Penske sales
processes, products, field operations and corporate functions in
the development of deal strategy
• Demonstrates emotional intelligence with a drive to achieve.
• Advocate and execute new sales promotions in cooperation with
• Continue to grow business over the long term through key
relationships with assigned accounts.
• Constantly maintain an understanding of the competitive
• Proactively identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of
potential customers via prospecting, networking and referral
activities within a regional market. Evaluate each growth
opportunity around plans for future focus
• 10 years in the transportation industry. Experience working with
large national customers with multiple locations
• Experience working with senior and executive level customers
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or related
field, Masters degree preferred
• Expertise in networking and negotiating
• Expert level analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in closing large, complex deals
• Ability to influence business partners and to see the big picture
and create strategy.
• Strong ability to build relationships at all levels of an
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects / customers / work
• Ability to build a team and lead a sales team
• Strong customer focus and highly collaborative
• Demonstrates strategic thinking.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• A willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location is required. Successful candidate
must complete Penske employment application, submit to a background
investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal
history) and complete a drug screening.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be
able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Atlanta , Director of Enterprise Sales- Southeast, Sales , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!