Area Reliability & Maintenance Support Manager
Company: Messer Americas
Posted on: October 13, 2019
AREA RELIABILITY & MAINTENANCE SUPPORT MANAGER
Job Location US-TX-HOUSTON - US-TX-FARMERS BRANCH -
US-AL-BIRMINGHAM - US-GA-Atlanta - US-NC-Charlotte -
# of Openings
Area Reliability & Maintenance Support Manager
We are a technology and applications leader with the industry
knowledge and applications expertise to meet customer needs across
industrial, food, medical, chemical and electronics industries. We
offer over 120 years of proven experience in the safe and reliable
production and delivery of industrial, medical and specialty gases.
We re the talented people you know and trust, now with a new
Formed in 2019 after our business was acquired from Linde AG by
Messer Group and CVC Capital Partners, we draw on a rich heritage
of industrial gases expertise to meet customer needs. We know the
industries we serve inside and out and we know our customers depend
on us for more than just safe and reliable supply.
Today our deep understanding of industry trends and customer
requirements allows us to collaborate intensely with customers to
identify and develop long-term solutions that deliver competitive
advantage. Our in-depth knowledge of customers manufacturing
processes enables turn-key engineering with minimal plant downtime,
and our technology development capabilities are unrivaled
* Ensures compliance with all safety, health, environmental and
quality standards within the area
* Proactively identify, develop and drive implementation of best
maintenance practices to ensure equipment reliability, minimum
cost, consistent supply of product, safe operations, and
* Ensure CO2 plants have appropriate engineering and maintenance
documentation and that the documentation is maintained via EMOC
procedures and in the SAP PM CMMS database.
* Identify continuous improvement projects, develop business cases
and then manage the projects to the proper scope, schedule, and
* Provide technical support and operational troubleshooting within
the area and across areas when appropriate by gaining a working
knowledge of compressors of various types, heat exchange equipment,
centrifugal pumps, control valves, and instrumentation.
* Represent the area as a member of the RNA CO2 peer team. Ensure
the area s issues are represented in annual plans and give regional
buy in to annual plans.
* Ensure best practices are identified and shared across areas.
* Oversee the preventative maintenance process and provide
technical assistance to site technicians to ensure accurate and
thorough completion of PM work orders.
* Manage efficiency, upgrade, or maintenance projects to ensure
scope, schedule and budget are met.
* Lead root cause failure analysis for equipment failures at area
CO2 facilities, identify lessons learned and share findings with
peer team to reduce recurrence of reliability and safety related
* Provide technical support regarding the various CBM programs and
assist in driving the resolution of any deficiencies realized.
* Know the plant deficiencies driving the UCOD cost (unplanned cost
of downtime) for each CO2 facility and lead the effort in putting
preventative measures in place to drive down costs
* Be an advocate for change showing strong change leadership.
* Have a working knowledge of SAP PM software and be a leader in
driving the effective use of the tool for plant maintenance and
* Aid in development and review of annual budgets for CO2
operations in the area.
* Lead year on year improvements to drive costs out and improve
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering Degree required- mechanical or
* Demonstrated exceptional operational safety leadership
* Minimum 5 years experience in an operational and engineering
* Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis, Cause and Effect or FMEA
* Knowledge of predictive maintenance methodologies and
* Proven understanding of regulatory and industry standards and
* CO2 and/or Air Separation experience and knowledge preferred
* Working knowledge of SAP PM preferred
* Six Sigma qualification a plus
Join us and you will be part of a company that values and supports
your career. We offer competitive pay and benefits, with set
schedules, steady work and opportunities for ongoing training and
Together we value innovation, efficiency and flexibility. Putting
safety first, working with integrity and respect, we encourage
everyone to find solutions for success. That means for our
customers and for our colleagues. This makes us a great place to
build a career where your skills are valued and developed.
Apply today @ https://uscareers-messer.icims.com
If you need assistance with the application or would like to
request an accommodation, call (877) 243-1030.
Messer North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or
disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to
protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer a FriendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
CONNECT WITH US!
Not ready to apply* Connect with us for general consideration.
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Messer Americas, Atlanta , Area Reliability & Maintenance Support Manager, Professions , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!