Company: Global Industrial
Posted on: July 15, 2019
We're hiring! We need responsible and experienced warehouse
assembly people to safely perform assigned warehouse functions
using our established processes, procedures, and tools. We need you
to work in accordance with safety and quality standards, as we as
defined productivity and performance expectations.
Please have experience using various hand tools, as well as
functions including, but not limited to unloading, put-away,
sorting, labeling, picking, packing, replenishing, auditing,
shipping, making boxes, etc.
Global Industrial is an industry leader and follows all OSHA
Location: Buford, GA -- Monday through Friday Several Shifts Open -
**$500 Sign-on bonus**
Benefits include: paid time off, 401k, Health/Dental/Vision/Life
Insurance What We Care About
We care about you and your safety.
We care about a strong work life balance.
We care that you truly enjoy your work.
We care about what you think.
What we want you to care about
Personal and workplace safety.
Customer service making sure that the right product gets to the
Pride in your work.
What you need to know
Warehouse fluctuates in temperature
You'll need to receive products using frequency scanners and unload
shipments from trucks
You need comfortable and safety approved footwear.
You don't have to look good in safety yellow or orange but it' a
You'll need to be able to handle/lift everything from small parcels
to large, heavy packages.
You'll be moving around a lot - on carts, dollies, hand trucks, and
other moving equipment to move large quantities of merchandise
- 401(k) with company match
- Holiday and overtime pay
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts on products
- Tuition reimbursement
Uses an RF scanner to determine the proper products to be moved,
gathered, or distributed for completing customer orders.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on
pallets, shelves or conveyor belts based on the necessary route for
either the packing station or shipping department.
- Operates a riding powered pallet jack and/or forklift to move
products efficiently in a productive environment.
- Receives processed orders, verifies accuracy of order and scans
order into computer system.
- Banding product securely to respective pallet using company
standards to ensure our customers satisfaction.
- Utilizes machinery to shrink wrap products on pallets.
- Operates forklift and pallet jack to stage or load products as
- Loads orders safely and efficiently.
- Receives merchandise into the warehouse daily upon
- Unloads trucks and verifies inventory.
- Record and report discrepancies and/or damages as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have previous experience operating a gas forklift and
electric pallet jack.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a Warehouse environment
- Minimum of 1 year experience operating an electric pallet jack
- Minimum of 1 year experience utilizing an RF Scanner
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis
- Able to stand, walk, pull and bending 100% of the day on a
continuous basis in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have organizational and multi-tasking skills in fast-paced
- Utilize various types of packing supplies to protect product on
pallet for shipping.
- Reading and comprehension skills required.
- Must possess computer exposure.
- Strong initiative and self-motivational skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
Who We Are We've been around for a while, and we believe our
continued success is due to the basic principles of recognizing and
rewarding superior performance for individuals and teams. We've
seen this principle drive innovations and solutions to promote
higher levels of productivity and customer service.
Our 70 year history of consistent success provides you with solid
employment. We hire employees who are good at what they do and
enjoy their work, and we offer a number of benefits and coverage
for individuals and families. Our corporate culture strives to
maintain strong communication at all levels, professionalism in our
work, and respect for our co-workers.
Systemax is the parent company of the Industrial Products Group,
which includes GlobalIndustrial.com, GlobalIndustrial.ca/Avenue;
C&H Government, Nexel Industries, Industrial Supplies.com and
other affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities / Women / Veterans /
Individuals with Disabilities / Gender Identity / Sexual
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Global Industrial, Atlanta , Warehouse Associate, Professions , Buford, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!