Company: Main Street Renewal LLC
Posted on: February 16, 2019
Superintendent - East Atlanta
Main Street Renewal is a private company focused on buying, renovating, and leasing across the country. We are very passionate about what we do. We care for each other, our partners, and our customers, fostering a culture of transparency, trust, and empowerment. We are determined to work smarter, utilizing great tools and technology to create an excellent experience for our residents. We are also driven to work harder and do what it takes to create exceptional outcomes. Our goal is to provide our residents a great house, easy lease experience, and attentive service so they can create a home they love.
A day in the life of a Superintendent
The Superintendent is responsible for independently completing property inspections, and preparing repair bids (based on MS Renewal standards and approved pricing) to facilitate the acquisition process for MSR homes. The superintendent leads all aspects of the rehab process (including selection and oversight of approved vendors/contractors completing the rehab work, timeline management of the repair project and ensuring quality work). The incumbent will have detailed functional knowledge and understanding of home inspections; the ability to identify home repairs necessary to bring the home to MS Renewal standards; as well as experience leading residential construction rehab projects. Each MS Renewal property rehab must be completed to the standards set by Main Streets Branch Best Practices document and Statement of Work and certified by the Construction team that all such repairs are complete and the property meets MS Renewal quality standards for release to the leasing team to market the property. The position reports directly to the branch construction manager.
- Conduct Pre-Purchase and Post Purchase Inspections accurately and completely within allotted time frames identifying repair or replace items necessary. Ensuring the property meets MS Renewal standards and identifying and recommending those items where an upgrade in materials maybe advantageous to the property investment as noted during the inspection process.
- Develop a budget based on the inspection of identified items to bring the property to MS Renewal standards reflecting MS Renewal approved pricing.
- Effectively and efficiently schedule and manage all construction activities, including vendor relations.
- Hold vendors and contractors accountable for quality, completeness and timely work by managing and inspecting the property regularly.
- Make recommendations to Construction Manager if/when to terminate contractors work on a job and choose another approved vendor if necessary.
- Review vendor workmanship to ensure all items on statement of work are complete, and mark contracts complete.
- Perform rekeying of properties as well as other specific repair and/or securing work directly in the pursuit of successful property condition management.
- Daily monitoring and updating in the property management system generating reports to identify current status and next steps on all assigned property.
- Develop scope and cost based on MS renewal standards and submit for approval any additional work not identified on initial bid after inspection.
- Document the entire rehab process with "before" and "after" photos
- Manage the quality control review and punch list process for all home renovation projects
- Work in conjunction with Construction Manager and Procurement to assist with vendor management
- Other duties as assigned
What's in it for you?
- Collaborative team environment and the tools needed to be successful in your job (company vehicle, cell phone, IPad with inspection app, laptop)
- Exceptional onboarding experience (we want you to succeed in your new role)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision (Pick the plan that works best for you and the family)
- 401K with employer match (We just keep on giving)
- Employee referral program (Get paid for referring your friends)
- Casual dress code environment (Enough Said)
What youll need to have
- HS Diploma required, College Degree preferred
- Service-minded approach to all aspects of the job.
- 7+ years of residential construction/inspection experience
- Vocational/technical school considered a plus
- Knowledge of Local and National building/property management codes
- Good communication and reading skills
- Excellent organizational, leadership and customer service/satisfaction philosophy
- Intermediate Computer Skills including proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Must have a current and valid driver's license
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- General knowledge of plumbing, electrical, mechanical and HVAC
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to set, manage and consistently meet goals and deadlines
- Must be proactive, self-directed, highly motivated and able to multi-task
- Ability to create and manage a budget
- Ability to negotiate a contract
Just a few other things you should know
- Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This job operates in the field at our properties in the metro area established for this position and reports to the Branch office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This role requires travel to our properties and may be physically demanding. The ability to physically perform the following duties for prolonged periods of time is required: Unassisted lifting up to 50 pounds, Bending, Walking, Kneeling, Stretching, Able to work on step ladders or extension ladders up to 30 feet, Able to work in confined spaces, indoors and outdoors in all climates, and unclean environments with fumes, dust and poor ventilation while adhering to company safety requirements and programs, Able to perform all duties in a safe manner at all times
- Travel to our properties around the metro area will be required.
- Days of work are Monday through Friday, however, occasional evening and weekend hours may be required as job duties demand.
At Main Street Renewal, we believe that our teammates are the foundation of our success. Come join our MSR family where we work smarter, work harder, and are passionate about what we do
Keywords: Main Street Renewal LLC, Atlanta , Superintendent, Professions , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!