Enterprise VM Architect
Company: Numbers Only, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Role: Enterprise VM ArchitectLocation: Atlanta, GA (Locals are preferred) Duration: Long TermInterview Process: Face to FaceOpen for US Citizens, G.C and H1b.SCOPE OF WORKThe client is seeking one (1) GCPS resources to help the execution of various projects which encompass the Technology Enterprise Virtual Machine Architect.The one (1) Enterprise Virtual Machine Architect will work with Project Managers on the configuration and deployment of servers and security groups to meet the needs of each project on behalf of the Authority. The Engineer will also work Business Units and Stakeholders (internal/external) to implement, configure, deploy, and optimize the central monitoring nucleus of the technology infrastructure for business sustainment.Technology is looking for highly qualified engineer with strong analytical, communication, problem solving skills on Active Directory, DNS, GPO, DHCP, Event Logs, File Server, Server Load Balancer, and solution implementation experience. Engineers should also be able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision individually and with a team. Flexibility to work in shifts for 24 x 7 support. Hands on experience in Patch management life cycle. Co-ordination with multiple stake holders / Third party Vendors for break-fix. Configure and keep High Availability (HA) Servers and Hypervisors to support virtual Servers and virtual machines; Responsible for identification and mitigation of risks and vulnerabilities. Prepare disaster recovery (DR) plan and show successful function and failover in DR exercises and outages.QUALIFICATIONS Must have excellent communication skills, strong organizational abilities, and a high degree of attention to detail. Excellent troubleshooting experience. Prior experience with VMware vCloud Automation Center (VCAC). Prior work experience in an enterprise level virtualized environment. HP server products to include HP c-Class Blade Systems, HP DL Rack Mounted, Cisco UCS and Virtual Connect.BA or BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics. VMware Certified Professional (VCP5 or VCP6) certification. Experience as a Windows/Linux System Administrator supporting a large Enterprise system with knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 2008/2012/2016, Linux/UNIX Operating Systems. Administration experience in a VMware or Microsoft or on an Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS). Scripting experience w/ Microsoft PowerShell and vSphere PowerCLI.Minimum of 7 years of experience with engineering and administration in virtualized environments. Needs strong relevant experience in a large virtualized environment to include virtual networking and storage management. Must have a strong analytical background with accompanying troubleshooting skills as well as effective communication skills. Experience designing and engineering commercial Cloud environments, architectures, and designs. Expert knowledge in virtualization technologies (i.e. VMware, KVM, Hyper-V) Hands-on skill in VM design, installation, and configuration for large-scale cloud environments. Experience with best practices associated with migrating and configuring VM's across geographically distributed cloud-based architecture.Preferred but Not Required*Deep knowledge of security standards such as FedRAMP, FISMA and SRG. Data Center Virtualization (DCV) Track and certified Design Expert Certification completed for that respective certification track. Network Virtualization Track and certified Design Expert Certification completed for that respective certification track.DELIVERABLE'S VMware Architect shall give the following deliverables in support of CLIENT Enterprise Network Operations Team. The Enterprise Network Operations team includes highly skilled resources that support, the Authority's Servers, Switches, Storage, Email and Closed-Circuit Television.
- Currently have 40 TCRs, 3 DCs, MDFs, IDFs throughout the Authority. Engineer is responsible for downloading the current configuration on the network switches / appliances / wireless controllers, voice gateways, firewalls, access points, projectors, smart monitors, routers, desktops, servers, storage, staging and testing the configuration of the new equipment to be installed, creating a Visio diagram to include the (1) equipment, (2) Subnet Mask (3) IP Address, (4) Default Gateways (5) VLANs (6) Management IP Address (7) Asset Tag Number (8) Equipment Serial Number (9) Primary POC in the Event of an Issue (10) Impacted Community in the event of an outage. Complete Visio diagrams within one day of installation and uploaded to the respective site number on the share. Engineer must also work with the ENOC Team to ensure the new device is added to SolarWinds for monitoring and proper tracking. Submit an email confirmation with a screenshot of the device monitoring window for the respective hardware and software must to the Manager Enterprise Network Operations and Director of Technology Infrastructure and Production within one (1) day of complete installation. Save the current configurations implemented on both hardware and software on the same date of the equipment installation. Send a screenshot to the Manager Enterprise Network Operations as proof of completion. Affix label on all equipment deployed in the field. Any decommissioned equipment must be wiped of the configuration, record the Asset Tag Number, Serial Number, Location, and update the Global Equipment list for Infrastructure and complete the required paperwork to send to the resource center to remove the device from FA Suites and dispose of the aged equipment according to the Authority standards. This is ongoing annually.
- Work with vendor to develop standard image for all Authority desktops and standard applications and configure/load the information on SCCM for the vendor.
- Build virtual servers for CCnvaTV, Enterprise, Train Control, and AFC networks for projects as the needs arise. Ensure both ESX Hosts and Guests Servers have the latest operating system, application and firmware patches.
- Give regular production support for virtual server environment during and after normal business hours, including Voice over IP UCS environment and Linux Servers. Perform support activities on a rotational basis for any failed hardware / applications implemented within the Authority.
- Resource is expected to respond to the request for aid, document the issue, troubleshoot / resolve or escalate the issue to the respective individual / vendor or team within the Authority, create the required post incident report and send to CAB, follow-up with the customer to recommend status / resolution of the issue, email Technology Management to make them abreast of the issue. This is an ongoing task throughout the FY.
- Database migration planning. Validate functionality of all databases dependent on SAN after migration. Help with the data migration of existing applications and services for the newly deployed NetApp Metro Cluster Architecture. Give SAN allocation requests, give new data storage; complete zoning and run allocations for both virtual and physical servers attached to the SAN environment. (This is an ongoing task.) Please forward your resumes to: - provided by Dice Virtual Machine, VMware vCloud Automation Center (VCAC), HP c-Class Blade Systems, HP DL Rack Mounted, Cisco UCS and Virtual Connect
Keywords: Numbers Only, Inc., Atlanta , Enterprise VM Architect, Professions , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!