CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus - Earn $60,000/yr!
Company: averitt express inc
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Attention Drivers! We're offering a $2,000 sign-on BONUS for qualified drivers through Jan. 31, 2019! ($1,000 at 90 days and $1,000 at 180 days!)
Now hiring CDL-A drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience & recent trucking school graduates!--
If less than 6 months of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
Looking for an excellent FLATBED opportunity? It doesn't get any better than this!
Averitt has an immediate opening for a full-time flatbed driver to help serve our dedicated customer in the Auburn, GA area.
Drivers for this account must live within a 60 mile radius from this location.
As a CDL-A driver for this account, you'll:
- Deliver building material--dry wall, lumber, etc. to retail and non-retail locations. (some palletized)
- Driver's will hook to their pre-loaded trailers to start their day.
- Strap each load, straps provided.
- Tarp in inclement weather only.
- Provided hard hats and vests which must be worn when out of the truck on property at all times.
- Steel toe shoes required, driver will need to purchase.
- Begin your route in Auburn, GA and deliver to customers in AL, GA, SC & TN
- 2 to 3dispatches per week
- Home 1 to 2 times per week
- No touch freight, live unload
- Average 1,900 miles per week
- 1st year average annual gross is $60,000
- Additional stop pay of $15 per stop; average 15 stops per week; average stop is 30 min.
- If tarping is required (inclement weather only) an additional $5/ stop = $20/ stop pay
Experienced CDL-A drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Start pay of .49cpm; top out at .50 cpm (reached within 1 year)
Paid Training Programs:
Driving School Grads:
Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the previous 180 days.
Students will also earn a $4,800 tuition assistance bonus! Payable after completing orientation at a rate of $150 per month for the first 12 months and $250 for months 13 - 24.
If you have less than 6--months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid eight hundred dollars per week while training; training time is 1- 3 weeks. After training you will start at .49 cpm.
Check out the benefits of being a full-time Averitt CDL-A driver:--
- Family & individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$81.70 per week for family coverage
$32.05 per week for single coverage
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) plans
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Uniform Program- Averitt will provide
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Programs available
- 8 Paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation)
- Referral Rewards Program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
- Drivers must live within a 60 mile radius from the Averitt Service Center.
- Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 days OR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility).
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI or DWI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations for a moving violation within the past 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.
- Load freight -lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Unload freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Move freight - force requirement: 54 lbs
- Lift and move side kits -lift requirements: 46 lbs
- Lift tarp - lift requirement: 110 lbs
- Apply and remove tarp(s) on load
- Secure load with chains and hardware -lift requirements: 80 lbs
- Climb onto and off of the flatbed trailer/load
- Count freight
- Complete fuel tickets
- Complete delivery receipt
- Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Extensive travel - ability to sit upright for extended periods of time.
- Regular predictable attendance
To apply for this position over the phone give us a call at 844-823-6418, we're available Monday - Friday from 7 am to7pm & Saturday from 8 am to 12 pm CST.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: averitt express inc, Atlanta , CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus - Earn $60,000/yr!, Professions , Woodstock, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!