Business Intelligence Analyst
Company: Walker & Company
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Walker & Company Brands, the maker of Bevel, is a fast-growing
consumer packaged goods (CPG) company that exists to make health
and beauty simple for people of color. We do this by designing,
developing, and testing products and services specifically tailored
to our community's needs and delivering on the promise of great
customer service and an easy, practical shopping experience.
As the Business Intelligence subject matter expert, this
cross-functional role will query and combine data from various
sources to inform business and product decisions across the
company. Using technical skills, business acumen, and creativity,
the BI Analyst will build tools to automate reporting and generate
insights, allowing various stakeholders to see quickly and
accurately how our key business products and processes are
performing. Previous experience managing finance systems projects,
with an emphasis on providing business intelligence and data-driven
insight through reporting, is a key requirement for this role.
Extensive knowledge of key financial systems, such as Netsuite,
Oracle, Hyperion, etc., and experience working with various other
business intelligence tools and platforms is essential.
The candidate selected for this position will be a driven,
ambitious thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated
interest in learning. This individual will also need to be
self-motivated with the ability to function in a fast-growing,
performance-driven environment. He/she/they must be accustomed to
working on multiple tasks in parallel.
DATA ANALYSIS & DASHBOARD CREATION
- Create dashboards for Leadership and Individual
- Combine data from various sources for comprehensive
- Update and refine Customer cohort curves, LTV, Payback curves,
Transaction value, and purchase frequency history.
- Perform data exploration on user behavior for testing
PREDICTIVE MODELING & DEMAND PLANNING
- Develop predictive modeling using statistical tools and
- Integrate demand planning with OPS processes.
- Develop shipment forecasts by SKU post-demand planning tool
COLLABORATION & EXPERIMENTATION
- Partner with Product Management, Finance, Consumer Experience,
and other members of the BEVEL leadership team.
- Design and analyze experiments for key product decisions.
- Lead research and development of new experimentation methods
and predictive modeling techniques.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leadership to shape the
company's BI infrastructure, including Data Warehousing, reporting,
and analytics platforms.
- Provide generalized IT support to ensure seamless integration
and troubleshooting of data-related systems and tools, fostering a
smooth workflow for the entire analytics and business intelligence
- Experience with big data and related data analytics and
experience with R, SPSS, Python, MATLAB, or similar statistics
- Database experience, including 'expert level' experience in SQL
coding across commercial databases (e.g., Oracle, Teradata, MySQL,
- Experience with commercial and emerging reporting tools and
technologies, including developing detailed dashboards (e.g., Power
BI, Tableau, QlikView, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, D3,
- Experience in Web-scale databases, Hadoop, or NoSQL
- Experience with analytic methodologies such as regression,
classification, prediction, machine learning, and neural
- Consulting experience.
- Knowledge of core finance and business processes like revenue
drivers, customer cohorts etc. Prior e-commerce, retail, or CPG
experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and
creativity on challenging projects.
- Genuine excitement and passion for developing and analyzing
large, complex data sets and converting them into the
information/insights that drive business decisions at all levels of
- BS degree in a quantitative field or equivalent practical
Keywords: Walker & Company, Atlanta , Business Intelligence Analyst, Professions , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!