Trailer Technician- 1 yr EXP Req'd
Company: J.B. Hunt
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for
performing intermediate level maintenance, service, and repair of
J.B. Hunt trailers, containers, chassis and other equipment.
Technicians must be able to troubleshoot issues and complete all
fleet maintenance processes and ensure that units meet J. B. Hunt
specifications at all times. This position has the possibility to
work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including
nights and/or weekends in addition to overtime; it requires
Come join a team where family comes first and safety matters!
- New Competitive Pay Scales!
- $150 Yearly Boot Allowance
- 40 hours guaranteed!
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation, Sick, & Personal time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
Be proud to come to work in a clean professional environment with
vast opportunities for growth and advancement!!
Applicants can be considered for I, II, or Sr. level Trailer
Technician depending on verified years of experience and position
Key Responsibilities :
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of preventative maintenance,
replacement of parts/components, and more difficult repairs as it
pertains trailer maintenance, air brake systems and FHWA
- May aid in the troubleshooting and repair of specialized
trailer equipment such as refrigerated units.
- May assist with the onboarding and mentoring of new Trailer
- Participate in Original Equipment Manufacture training for OE
- Troubleshoot trailer issues; work independently and seek
assistance as needed.
- Understand and effectively follow all shop safety
- Maintain professional communication with JB Hunt personnel and
customers at all times.
- Accurately perform intermediate level repairs to company and
manufacturer's specifications, complete work orders, and
demonstrate understanding of company requirements for standard
repair times (SRT) and warranty guidelines.
- 18 years of age.
- 1-2 years of experience in Semi-Trailer maintenance and repair
and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and
- Willingness to work outdoors, in the elements, or across
multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends if
- A/C Certification.
- DOT certified in FHWA Inspections & Air Brakes.
- Basic tools are required to successfully perform this role.
These tools must be supplied by the employee in most locations.
Employees without their own tools may obtain them through toolbox
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- EPA section 608 certification and Refrigeration
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal)
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliance
up to 50 pounds)
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to read documents and/or information in
- Ability to wear appropriate work attire (protective
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a
- Knowledge of ABS systems
- Proficient active listening skills
- Proficient computer skills and/or comfortable working with a
- Proficient deductive reasoning skills
- Proficient organizational skills
- Proficient problem-solving skills
- Proficient time management skills
- Proficient welding skills (MIG and stick)
Keywords: J.B. Hunt, Atlanta , Trailer Technician- 1 yr EXP Req'd, Professions , Palmetto, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!