Posted on: January 27, 2023
Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer
solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable
manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the
best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start
or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important
to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or
create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
What we need:
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical equipment.
Preventative maintenance processes must be followed and maintained.
Must take part in diagnosis of production, quality, and/or safety
issues and implement corrective actions as needed. Equipment at the
facility includes blowers, mixers, pumps, hot oil boilers, air
compressors, chillers, heat exchangers, printers, ovens, and
various rotating equipment. Utilize lean manufacturing processes to
drive process improvement and improve uptime
What you'll do:
- Lead root cause analysis for equipment failures .
- Drive process improvements with lean tools such as 5S, TPM, and
- Receive assignments from Maintenance Supervision and/or
- Must keep equipment throughout the facility in good working
order, including manufacturing equipment, utilities equipment,
maintenance tools and equipment, and other miscellaneous items.
Equipment requiring specialized skills may be serviced through a
contracted service contractor.
- Troubleshooting equipment and systems, including various
rotating equipment, plant utility systems, and manufacturing
- Must fill out job reports, calibration reports, and checklists
in a timely and accurate manner.
- Account for equipment downtime and parts consumed during the
shift in SAP
- Must work with all maintenance personnel and outside
contractors to keep equipment operational and to complete
- Must be able and willing to participate in specific product
training as required.
- Must be willing to assist in areas not typically defined as
maintenance during special times of need.
- Perform multi craft functions within your current level of
training and ability.
- Wear appropriate PPE and promote a safe working
What you have:
- Must have a High school diploma or higher
- At least 3 years' experience in an industrial maintenance
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to work with outside OEM Technicians and learn
systems from them.
- Must be able to use common power and hand tools typical of
industrial mechanical maintenance. Some basic welding and machine
tool (lathe, mill, etc) operation skills are expected.
- Must be able to use precision measurement tools.
- Self Starter
- Able to work under pressure and stressful environment
- Able to work flexible hours
- Fast learner/Analyzer
- Trouble-shooter and problem solver
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of MS Office
- Able to participate in a team environment to solve problems and
improve the process
- Commitment to company values
- Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or
feel object, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms;
balance; stoop; talk; or hear. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
focus. This candidate must be willing and able to stand on their
feet for periods of time.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
This candidate must be able to work flexible hours.
- We're located in a pretty great spot - check out this video to
see what we mean
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that
creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces
around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and
distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the
production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and
vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded
products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the
marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction
requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the
industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC,
Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step.
During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an
American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring
company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe,
India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including
disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud
Drugs Don't Work participant.
Keywords: Mohawk, Atlanta , Mechanical Technician, Professions , Tate, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!