Pharmacy Inventory Specialist
Company: WellStar Health System, Inc.
Location: Powder Springs
Posted on: January 27, 2023
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and
ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion,
pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission
is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of
every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining
example of what's possible when the brightest professionals
dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare
industry, and in people's lives.
- The Inventory Specialist in the Pharmacy orders and maintains
appropriate par levels of medications and supplies and managing
shortages and back orders, requires communication with Pharmacy
Director and pharmacy staff of any ongoing shortages
- Obtains drop-shipped items, is responsible for adhering to
hospital contracts that affect the pharmacy purchasing
- Accountable for wrong or damaged goods that are received,
controls the paperwork and computer work involved with invoices,
accounting and payments, responsible for interdepartmental billing
and for coordinating the annual drug inventory.
Required Minimum Education:
- High School graduate or possess a General Educational
Development (GED) Degree. Required Minimum Experience:
- One year of experience in specific areas of the Pharmacy.
- Exposure and/or experience in high risk areas (e.g. Specialty
IV Admixture, Purchasing/Inventory Control, Controlled Substance
Distribution and Accountability. Required Minimum Certification:
- Certified Pharmacy Technician from the National Technician
- Registered with the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy Required
- Basic typing skills. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and other
general computer skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Basic management
skills. Good "problem solving" skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to push a transportation cart of approximately 100
Keywords: WellStar Health System, Inc., Atlanta , Pharmacy Inventory Specialist, Professions , Powder Springs, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!