Plumber Pipefitter, Senior
Company: Emory Healthcare/Emory University
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Discover Your Career at Emory UniversityEmory University is a
leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts
world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the
future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity
and excellence of our academic community.DescriptionThe Plumber
Pipefitter, Senior provides licensed plumbing services in
accordance with state and local plumbing codes.JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Performs plumbing systems repair, maintenance and construction
on industrial, commercial, and medical research facilities.
- Installs and repairs plumbing systems including pumps,
fixtures, potable water systems, meters, industrial and sanitary
waste systems, and laboratory utilities, in adherence with state
and municipal plumbing codes.
- Performs routine testing on backflow preventers, water, and
industrial waste systems, laboratory utilities, meters, pumps and
fixtures to ensure continuity of service.
- Troubleshoots plumbing systems and components to identify
faulty parts which need replacement or repair.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and schematic drawings for
material take-off and to complete work assignments.
- Compiles material lists for stock requisitions and
- Takes the necessary precautions, in keeping with OSHA standards
and other applicable regulations, when working with hazardous
chemicals, materials, and power equipment.
- Uses personal protective equipment as required.
- May temporarily perform the duties of a supervisor in his/her
- Provides guidance and serves as a resource to other shop
- Will occasionally supervise other plumbers in the completion of
- Operates hand and power tools.
- Ensures the safeguarding of all assigned tools and
- May drive utility vehicles to and from work sites; is
responsible for their safety, maintenance and cleanliness.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.MINIMUM
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Four years of plumbing work experience.
- A current Georgia Journeyman Plumber's license.
- A valid Georgia driver's license and an insurable driving
record.NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person
at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option.
Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to
employee.#LI-EMORY001Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive
CultureTo ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19
vaccine is required. For more information on the University and
Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our
website.Emory University is dedicated to providing equal
opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of
race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic
information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not
discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on
the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable
law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in
University programs and in the use of facilities without such
discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order
11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973,
the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and
applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations
regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative
action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse
workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal
opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of
employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers,
discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits,
and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to
the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman
Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.Emory University
is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this
document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable
accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility
Services at 404-727-9877 (V) - 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that
one week advance notice is preferred.Connect With Us!Connect with
us for general consideration!Job Number 95231Job Type Regular
Full-TimeDivision Campus ServicesDepartment FM Plumbing ShopThis
position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Not
ApplicableJob Category Facility Support & Building
MaintenanceCampus Location (For Posting) : City AtlantaLocation :
Name Emory Campus-Clifton Corridor
Keywords: Emory Healthcare/Emory University, Atlanta , Plumber Pipefitter, Senior, Professions , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!