Project Engineer - Construction
Company: Fairfield Residential
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Project Engineer - Construction Education/Certificates:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Civil
Engineering preferred. Experience:
- At least 2 - 5 years of experience in Multifamily construction
preferred Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the general and
subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, construction
means, methods and materials.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, Word,
Excel, MS Project.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills combined
with good attention to details and the ability to communicate well
both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instruction
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate dependability, flexibility and teamwork
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively within the
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends,
evenings and holidays. Essential Duties:
- Write RFI's (Request for Information) and expedite answers for
- Know and understand the subcontract documents as they apply to
assigned areas of responsibility.
- Process Submittals and follow thru with approvals.
- Have working knowledge of project schedules.
- Expedite shop drawings, submittals and safety requirements for
assigned tasks. Utilize the Project Management system for shop
drawing administration. Supply required submittal information such
as field dimensions.
- Request and follow up on project submittals required from
Subcontractors and distribute to appropriate persons.
- Prepare and maintain all LEED documentation.
- Prepare and maintain long lead item list for project.
- Ensure that assigned materials and equipment are ordered for
fabrication in adequate lead time as instructed by Project
Superintendent and/or Project Manager.
- Procure materials and/or equipment as instructed by Project
- Receive and distribute information on clarification and changes
in the work for areas of responsibility. Obtain and check
subcontractor's pricing and assist in assembling change order
requests as directed by the Project Manager.
- Assist in documenting changes; maintain project records, red
line transfers and correspondence.
- Review and respond to correspondence to and from subcontractors
and vendors for assigned tasks.
- Prepare and distribute meeting minutes as directed by Project
- Be a leader in open communication with team members. Promote
good relations with all parties.
- Participates in company required training by established
- Complies with all Fairfield standards, applicable health and
safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state
and federal laws.
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned.
Keywords: Fairfield Residential, Atlanta , Project Engineer - Construction, Professions , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!