2nd Shift Material Handler I
Posted on: September 24, 2022
1911 Satellite Blvd, Buford, Georgia 30518 United States of
* At Oatey we are committed to help our Associates grow their
career. Apply today and grow with Oatey!
* Who is Oatey?
Since 1916, Oatey has provided reliable, high-quality products for
the residential and commercial plumbing industries. We believe that
our purpose is to deliver quality, build trust and improve
The Oatey family of companies are Oatey, Cherne, Keeney, Quick
Drain, Hercules, Dearborn, GF Thompson, William H. Harvey, Masters,
Contact, and Belanger.
Our brands are synonymous with quality, integrity, and trust in the
Join the Oatey team!
We're big enough to matter & small enough that---
Because our business is growing, we need to hire top talent. We're
hoping you're that future team member!
Buford Distribution is a team atmosphere and a commitment to safety
2nd shift schedule is as follows: Monday - Thursday/3:00 pm - 11:30
pm and Friday/10:00 am - 6:30 pm.
Accurately processes all customer and replenishment orders in a
manner to ensure safety, quality and performance goals are met on a
1. Pull raw material request orders for delivery to specified work
centers in production and properly scan in RF device; supply
required consumables to production areas and handle disposal of
some waste from the production floor, i.e. bad pallets,
2. Return material to the raw warehouse and consolidate into
existing bays where possible upon put away and properly scan in RF
3. Follow all safety procedures, including safety startup
checklists at the beginning of the shift for powered industrial
vehicles, notifying the team leader/supervisor of any equipment
problems immediately, wearing all required PPE, participating in 6S
events, and maintaining good housekeeping and execution of standard
4. Report any scrap, damaged product, or quality problems to the
team leader/supervisor immediately.
5. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
co-workers by willingness to take on additional responsibility
and/or support as assigned.
6. Other duties as assigned.
* Essential Job Functions
Knowledge and Experience
Good communication skills, English fluency, both verbal and
written. Forklift operator authorization required and demonstrated
ability in safe equipment operation, including elevated locations
(heights). Must be able to comply with manufacturer's weight limit
to wear required safety tether for picking at elevated locations.
Demonstrated ability in proper freight handling. Working knowledge
of all hazardous shipping rules and regulations. Willingness to
work and to follow instructions. Reading ability sufficient to
identify labels and understand written documentation.Cooperative
attitude toward co-workers and supervisors.
One to four (1-4) years of experience in a warehouse setting.
Skills in operating a forklift, reach truck, and order picker are
preferred, but not required (applicant will be required to complete
the company powered industrial truck certification training and
operate an order picker within first 3 months).
Education and Certification:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Oatey Total Rewards
* Signing bonus after 90 days of good standing - $2,000
* Competitive pay based on experience and merit with added pay for
working 2nd or 3rd shift
* Annual Cash Profit Sharing (discretionary)
* Health Insurance for our associates averages $100 or less a month
* Generous benefits including up to $3,000 company contribution to
Health Savings Account
* 401(k) with a 5% company match
* Tuition reimbursement in an environment that encourages
* Associate well-being benefits including CALM App and mental
health therapy options
* Recognized for our commitment to diversity, equity, and
* At Oatey, our purpose has always been to deliver quality, build
trust and improve lives.
* We value Collaboration, Integrity, Respect, Courage, Leadership,
and Excellence above all else.
* We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion - acknowledging,
valuing, and leveraging the unique experiences and perspectives of
* Our vision is to continue to grow as a market leader, enrich the
lives of our Associates, and, foster an inclusive environment in
* Our purpose, mission, and vision are not possible without the
right people, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive,
engaging, and rewarding environment for our Associates.
Oatey has a total rewards philosophy that encompasses compensation,
benefits, work-life effectiveness, recognition, performance
management, tuition reimbursement, mental health wellness, and
Keeney - GA
1911 Satellite Blvd, Suite #100
Buford, GA 30518-5091
Keywords: Oatey, Atlanta , 2nd Shift Material Handler I, Professions , Buford, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!