Fleet Technician - 2nd Shift
Company: Gordon Food Service
Location: Lithia Springs
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are
thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story
to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact
you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our
table for you...
Schedule: Sunday- Thursday- 3:00pm-11:30pm
Salary Pay: 22.16 -32.00 per hour
Distribution Center Address: 1500 N River Rd Lithia Springs GA
Benefits after 30 days!
Incentives include: Yearly bonuses
Must have experience working on Volvo, Kenworth, and Freightliner
Repairs and maintains all heavy tractors, trailers, refrigeration
units, and converter dolly units.
- A technician at the Apprentice (entry) level is just beginning
a career in heavy vehicle maintenance and repair. Apprentice
technicians may be capable, but are limited to the most basic
diagnosis and repairs. Direct supervision and training are required
at this level. (GFS expects employees hired at this level to
progress to the Skilled level of the technician.)
- A technician at the Skilled (basic skill) level requires less
supervision direction and/or assistance to make typical GFS
diagnoses and repairs. Any diagnosis or repair made by a Skilled
technician may need to be reviewed and/or inspected by a supervisor
or a mentoring Master technician. (GFS expects employees working at
this level to progress to the Certified level technician.)
- A technician at the Certified (advanced skill) level is capable
of correctly making the most common fault diagnosis and properly
performing the most common repairs with limited supervision or
direction, and with the occasional assistance of another
individual. (No Requirement to move beyond CERTIFIED level.)
- A technician at the Master (journeyman skill) level is fully
capable of correctly making any diagnosis and properly performing
any repair without the supervision, direction, or assistance of
- Inspects, maintains, and repairs Diesel engines, Gas Engines,
refrigeration units, and all systems/components related to
heavy-duty tractors, trailers, and refrigeration units.
- Performs and interprets diagnostic testing to determine
malfunctions on all equipment types.
- Performs daily inspection and preventative maintenance of
equipment and follow-up on driver's write-ups to make repairs as
- Performs general cutting and welding as necessary.
- Makes road calls to repair equipment as necessary.
- Assists in the repair of shop equipment including garage doors
and all power tools.
- Determines if rolling stock is safe to operate or needs to be
- Completes all reporting accurately and promptly and
communicates the status of current assignments to management.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Operates all equipment safely and efficiently.
- Drives vehicles and moves equipment in, out, and around the
- Delivers and/or picks up techs at vendors when equipment needs
- May be required to drive a company vehicle to another garage or
to meet another fleet technician for parts.
- Follows all safety protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Holland Fifth Wheel Training (Certificate)
- Stemco Wheel End Training (Certificate)
- Michelin Tire Training (Certificate)
- 608/609 A/C Certification
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) Class C Operator
- Hoist Operation (Certificate)
- Able to properly inspect frames, pintle boxes, and side
- Able to Identify major components
- Competent using Fleet Focus
- Able to perform GFS Preventative Maintenance (PM)
- Able to diagnose and repair components (i.e. starters,
alternators, batteries, etc...)
- Able to diagnose and repair lighting issues
- Has completed the first half of Volvo Online Training (modules
C & D)
- Able to weld steel
- Able to diagnose and repair brake system (also able to explain
Service side and Emergency side)
- Has completed Emissions Component training
- Qualifies for brake and annual inspection certification (1 yr
exp or attended certified PM program)
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration
for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the
Law poster is available here:
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to email@example.com and use the words "Accommodation
Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food
Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Atlanta , Fleet Technician - 2nd Shift, Professions , Lithia Springs, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!