Company: Big Nerd Ranch
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Established in 2001, Big Nerd Ranch specializes in client app
development and expert instruction from the brightest developers
and designers in the industry. When you need an iOS, Android or web
app to solve a problem, grow your business or engage your
employees, partnering with us is a no-brainer. We provide
end-to-end mobile solutions for a range of app development
projects, including iOS, Android, full-stack web and design.
Here at Big Nerd Ranch our mission is to empower individuals and
organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative
digital product development and training, while being Brilliant,
Curious, Kind, Hardworking, Authentic and Accountable.
As an Experience Architect you use your years of experience to
deliver high quality design solutions with little oversight. You
consult with your team and leadership on challenges and solutions
and are able to handle complex and ambiguous situations.
You have been practicing design for 7+ years and thrive on thinking
through how people use technology and how we might deliver a
product that meets the needs of both the business, but also the
user. You have a high level of maturity and demonstrate thought
leadership and excellence.
Collaboration and product ownership is essential, requiring you to
be a great communicator, and successfully present and align with
the client and the project team. Additionally, you must be able to
work with ambiguity and deliver designs that elevate the user
experience as a whole.This role is 100% remote and candidates must
reside in the United States.
- Lead the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a
team environment. Work with the client and their team in design
planning and goal creation.
- Understand users and their needs through conducting or
receiving research and feedback.
- Lead Discovery phases by planning exercises and workshops that
elicit goals, success criteria, insights, and requirements with
very little assistance.
- Use business requirements to assist in developing user stories
and use cases, using these to track velocity and efficiency.
- Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of
products and experiences.
- Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams,
wireframes, and prototypes.
- Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design
- Craft, pitch, and validate near and long-term design solutions
- Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn
from our customers.
- Chart a course for yourself in ambiguous situations. Mentor and
develop junior designers within your own organization and beyond
Youll be successful if you have:
- 7+ years of professional experience as a UX designer,
interaction designer, product designer, or similar role.
- Experience working in direct collaboration with product
leadership, engineering leaders, and cross-functional
- Experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex
mobile applications or workflows.
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and
design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting
usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas
and journey maps..
- Experience with UX design for complex workflows for technical
- Experience working with stakeholders to plan and execute
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience owning complex projects, communicating timelines,
and executing independently.
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short-
and long-term disability
- Retina MacBook Pro and Geek Desk for when youre at the
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment
where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new
technologies is encouraged and valued.
- Education is hugely important to us. We want to send you to one
conference a year, and if you want to learn about something
entirely different well train you at one of our bootcamps.
- The fridge is loaded and the kitchen is stocked. Craft
- On-site personal training sessions (for local Atlanta
- At Big Nerd Ranch you'll be working with the most brilliant,
kind, and hardest working people in the solar system. Youll help
companies build and launch useful products, and share what youve
learned with the world. Are you up to the challenge?Big Nerd Ranch,
a subsidiary of projekt202, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer,
and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: Big Nerd Ranch, Atlanta , Experience Architect, Professions , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!