Company: Globalmed Logistix
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position Title: Logistics Specialist (Full-time, 2nd shift,
11am-10p, Sat - Tues)Location: Norcross, GA (on-site)FLSA Status:
Mission: To be a trusted partner who drives better business results
for our healthcare customers. Together we grow.
Position Summary:This role will report directly to the Team Lead
and will have no direct reports. The Logistic Specialist is
responsible for shipping, receiving, storage, distribution and
cycle counting of medical devices in a warehouse environment. This
position is responsible for supporting the sales organization by
coordinating all activities of assigned medical devices accounts in
pick, pack and ship execution. This is a great entry level position
for a recent graduate with a Supply Chain/Logistics program of
Scope of Role Responsibilities:
- The essential functions include but are not limited to
supporting the Field Locations, Warehouse Operations, Sales leaders
and others in assigned areas.
- Prepare instruments, implants and trays for surgery cases.
- Utilize inventory management system for the distribution of
products/services for sales personnel and customers.
- Implement and support quality initiatives throughout the
- Manage reports and analyze account metrics and productivity
- Keep records of all interactions and transactions of data
regarding product inquires.
- Investigate discrepancies and adjust for errors.
- Distribute materials, products and parts based on incoming
- Store items orderly and easily accessible in warehouse based on
- Understand and implement procedures to manage inventory shelf
life and expiring inventory.
- Inspect products or materials for damage, defects, or
- Meet established metrics for operations (i.e. service levels,
standard operating procedures)
- Manage inventories by tracking inventory records reflecting
product movement, notifying departments when supplies of specific
items are low, or when orders would deplete available
- Compile and inspect incoming/outgoing kits for compliance with
specifications and usage.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage
areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, report any
damage to supervisors.
- Stay current on old and new instruments and implants.
Understand essential components to specific procedures.
- Utilize processes and tools for scheduled surgeries.
- Work with internal resources for alternative product obtainment
(e.g. loaner bank, other warehouses, etc.)
- Maintain a clean and well-organized warehouse to meet OSHA and
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule.
- Perform or assist with other duties and projects as needed & as
Critical Experience & Skills:
- Logistics or Supply Chain previous experience is strongly
- Undergraduate Degree or related experience in supply
chain/logistics is preferred.
- Customer focused/must work well with customers of all
- Highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication
(written and oral) skills.
- Able to work varying hours/shifts as necessary.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced rapidly growing
environment in which collaboration in all directions is
- Demonstrated Intermediate level with Microsoft Office.
- Able to work varying hours as needed (shifts may extend beyond
normal working hours depending on case volume).
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle
or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The
employee is regularly required to sit and climb or balance and lift
and/or move at least 50+ pounds. The employee is regularly required
to access and physically navigate the warehouse facility.
- Proactivity/Initiative Desire to excel in the role, taking
ownership of the decision-making process, proactively accomplishing
tasks and solving potential issues, and constantly identifying ways
- Accuracy/Quality Is attentive to detail and accuracy. Committed
to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors
quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems and own/acts
- Adaptability/Flexibility Adapts to change, is open to new
ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure and adjusts
to meet changing needs. Effectively copes with rapid change.
Comfortably handles risk and uncertainty, is not easily
- Dependability Meets commitments, works independently, accepts
accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays
focused under pressure and meets attendance/punctuality
- Integrity/Ethics Deals with others in a straightforward and
honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintain
confidentiality, supports company values and conveys good news and
- Organization Manages multiple, simultaneous activities, tasks,
and projects. Organizes resources to accomplish tasks in an
efficient and effective way, prioritizes multiple activities and
capitalizes on all available resources.
- Sense of Urgency Pursues everything with drive, often goes
above and beyond to complete the task at hand.
- Teamwork - Meets all team deadlines and responsibility, listens
to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals,
welcomes newcomers, and promotes a team atmosphere.by Jobble
Keywords: Globalmed Logistix, Atlanta , Logistics Specialist, Professions , Norcross, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!