Lead Enterprise Architect
Company: Westrock Company
Posted on: January 16, 2022
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide
differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in
the marketplace. WestRocks 50,000 team members support customers
around the world from more than 320 operating and business
locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and
Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.Our technology
organization is transforming how we work at WestRock. We align with
our businesses to deliver innovative solutions that:
- Address specific business challenges, integrate processes, and
create great experiences.
- Connect our work to shared goals that propel WestRock forward
in the Digital Age.
- Imagine how technology can advance the way we work by using
We are looking for forward thinking technologists that can
accelerate our focus areas such as building stronger foundational
technology capabilities, reducing complexity, employing digital
transformation concepts, and leveraging disruptive technology.
The opportunity:This is a unique opportunity to join a newly formed
core team of architects to create, execute, and evolve the
framework for an Enterprise Architecture practice at
WestRock.WestRock IT Enterprise Architects will effectively and
efficiently collaborate with business and technology users to
satisfy the needs of the business. Enterprise standards,
architectural patterns and new technology will be widely adopted to
solve both unique and common business problems.The Principal IT
Enterprise Architecture function will enable WestRock to transform
from a collection of independent acquisitions into a unified,
collaborative, and optimized business.
- Drive continual improvement of Business & Technology
Capabilities that will enable WestRock to achieve its goals through
strategy formation, roadmap planning, design, and implementation at
- Develop and maintain an Enterprise-wide Architecture that
aligns business strategic goals with current and future IT
capabilities, processes, and technologies.
- Formalize an Architect Structure for the Enterprise with roles,
accountability and responsibilities and governance.
- Lead the Standardizing and Governing of business & technology
policy, processes, and architecture to enable enterprise-wide
common business solutions.
- Establish formalized communication channels, knowledge
management practices, centralized document repositories, and
Enterprise Architecture Engagement Model.
- Enhance decision-making processes through establishing detailed
measurement systems, OKRs, and KPIs with timely feedback loops and
designating accountable parties.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Responsible for strategic architecture, such as, Platform
Roadmap, Service Roadmap, Cloud Roadmap, and Technology
- Creation, coordination and communication of the business and
- Plan and maintain a multi-year Business and Technology
- Facilitate and collaborate via workshops on domain and solution
specific architecture to achieve:
- Reference Architecture and re-usable Patterns.
- Development of Technology and Governance Process.
- Reduce Technical Complexity.
- Application Rationalization.
- Technology Risk Management.
- Cloud Transformation.
- IoT Architecture.
- Guide Domain and Solution Architects to experiment with
improvements to established architectures.
- Introduce and own a governance process to create, approve and
communicate the business and technology strategy.
- Assess alignment and compliance with published policy and
standard architecture patterns.
- Document the current state landscape, architecture, policy and
standards for the enterprise.
- Provide in-depth technical consultation to IT executives and
senior management to ensure system architecture aligns with the
Enterprise Strategic direction.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelors Degree or higher in an applicable field
- 15+ years of experience in Information Technology.
- 5+ years of experience in an Enterprise Architecture role.
- Experience with one of the major Architecture Frameworks such
as Zachman or TOGAF.
- Expertise in one of the following key domains and experience in
each of the remaining key. domains: Application Architecture,
Business Architecture, Information Architecture, Technology
Architecture, Security Architecture.
- Knowledge of enterprise and application design patterns.
- Understanding of architecture governance, design management
process, security compliance and risk.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation,
organization, presentation, and collaborative skills to work
effectively with executive leadership, IT, and business teams
- Preferred - experience working in an Agile development
- Preferred - strong communication skills, both written and oral
with the ability to translate technical expressions into easy to
understand and clear language.
- Preferred - experience with IaaS, PaaS, and Cloud Services such
as AWS, Azure.
- Preferred - understanding of Industry 4.0 technology stacks and
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and
excellence. Comprehensive training with numerous learning and
development opportunities. An attractive salary reflecting skills,
competencies, and potential. A career with a global packaging
company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business
drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/
Keywords: Westrock Company, Atlanta , Lead Enterprise Architect, Professions , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!