Automotive Paint Technician
Company: AutoNation Collision Center Marietta
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview: Position Overview: At AutoNation, getting customers
back on the road is what drives us. We--re looking for a Paint
Technician to join our team. As a Paint Technician, you--ll paint
various vehicle body parts in accordance with quality standards.
Your patience and high-quality craftsmanship make you a valuable
asset to the team as you ensure work surfaces are properly
prepared, and your keen eye for detail helps you deliver top-notch
work to delight our customers. What are the daily job
- Assessing and analyzing damaged areas and preparing them for
painting, including removing rust and grease, and masking parts
that are not to be painted or coated.
- Preparing the color tint to match or blend paint color.
- Painting vehicles with a high level of efficiency and quality,
using a sprayer or brush as appropriate.
- Adheres to factory and dealership procedures when performing
- Operating all equipment in the Collision Center in a safe and
productive manner, following AutoNation--s Safety Standards for the
use of personal protective equipment (e.g., respirator, safety
glasses, gloves, hearing protection) while working on the
- Inspecting quality of craftsmanship, noting any runs, sags or
- Mixing all paint and chemicals according to manufacturer
- Understanding and following federal, state, and local
regulations that affect Collision Center operations, such as
hazardous waste disposal, OSHA guidelines, etc.
- Gaining superior product knowledge to provide high quality
repairs. What are the requirements for the Paint Technician?
- ICAR certification (preferred) or interest to become
- OEM certification (preferred) or interest to become
- At least two years-- automotive experience.
- Must have a valid, in-state driver--s license with an
acceptable, safe driving record.
- Ability to operate an automobile. What are the opportunities
for career growth? Our Associates have many choices for career
growth and development after success in a Paint Technician role.
Future opportunities may include:
- Collision Production Manager
- Collision Estimator
- Paint Team Lead The intent of this job description is to
provide a representative summary of the major duties and
responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents
may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those
specifically presented. Career opportunities are dependent on
business and staffing needs, as well as the qualifications of
internal and external candidates.
Keywords: AutoNation Collision Center Marietta, Atlanta , Automotive Paint Technician, Professions , Austell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!