Cox Business Service Assurance Technician II (NOC as a Service)
Company: Cox Communications Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2021
*Primary Location: *6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA,
* Division: *Cox Communications
* Job Level: *Individual Contributor
* Travel: *No
* Schedule: *Full-time
* Shift: *Night Job
* Requisition Number: *219596
Reporting to the Manager or Supervisor of the Network Operations
Center. The CB Service Assurance Technician II is an integral part
of a 24x7x365 operational environment. He/she provides advanced,
directly customer/vendor-facing technical expertise to pro-actively
identify and address Cox Business (CB) customers technical issues,
including fulfillment, system monitoring, incident handling, and
issue resolution for complex services. In addition, he/she will
provide advanced support to internal Cox teams such as CB Customer
Care, CB Field Services, and other CB teams as a point of
The ideal candidate will possess a strong history of technical
support and customer communication experience in one or more of the
following service segments: Networking Services (notably SD-WAN),
managed services (notably Managed Router/Security and/or Managed
Wi-Fi), and general support for complex services. The incumbent
will display expertise and advanced knowledge in the repair,
restoration and future prevention of escalated issues by adhering
to prescribed service level targets.
The technician will engage with Coxs Tier 1 customer facing teams,
Tier 2 Network Operations Centers and Tier 3 and 4 Dev Ops and
Engineering teams to ensure issue resolution, transaction
reduction, and continuous improvement. As required, he/she will
compose technical documentation and Methods of Operations
* Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities*
* Ensures best-in-class customer experience for designated managed
(or other) services.
* Proactively engages CB customers when issues are identified and
effectively drives to resolution.
* Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating
* Troubleshoots and resolves single customer escalations from
internal Cox teams such as: CB Field Services, CB Customer Care,
and business partners.
* Drives the resolution of single customer/user issues, serving as
a technical lead for troubleshooting and incident management.
* Troubleshoots and resolves operational issues between
customer/vendor equipment and CPE (Cox Premise Equipment).
* Manages high profile/VIP internal and external customer
* Conducts product and services health checks, producing reports
and escalating per process.
* Performs service validations based on product, service, or
application functionality and operational use.
* Identifies and correlates patterns in user and customer reported
issues, engaging appropriate fix agents to mitigate further
* Identifies platform impacting issues and partners with Tier 3
support teams and development to implement and test fixes and
* Works with boundary partners to identify support requirements for
troubleshooting and escalation for single user/customer support of
new products, services and applications.
* Adheres to defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service
Level Agreements (SLAs), providing analysis and feedback from a
* Prepares trending analysis to help provide solutions for enhanced
efficiency and continuous operational improvements.
* Provides 24/7 support for all assigned applications or services,
either on a designated shift assignment or by participating in
stand-by or "on call" status to support customers after normal
* Partners with and enables Tier 1 by providing or updating tools,
support solutions, coaching, training and associated
* Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes
appropriate steps to solve them.
* Correlates communication of impacting events to Tier 1 partners
and field front line leadership.
* Represents single customer/user during Post Incident Reviews
(PIRs) for service impacting events.
* Opens and manages vendor support cases through resolution.
* Employs work standards including quality control at the front of
every transaction, focusing on reducing service volume through a
pro-active approach to problem isolation and repair and the ability
to maintain productivity without immediate supervision.
* Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises
independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve
desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by
interpreting procedures and policies.
* 3+ years of experience in related area of responsibility or
* Must have a strong dedication to customer service
* Strong written, oral, problem solving, presentation, and
collaborative skills, along with the ability to translate technical
concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Demonstrated skill in data analysis techniques as evidenced by
resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies
in routine research/data
* Ability to apply product, industry, professional, and technical
* Recognized subject matter expert concerning problems that have a
direct and significant impact on business programs and results
* Highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude and the
ability to face challenges in a fast-paced environment within a
customer experience-focused operations organization.
* Stay up-to-date on new technologies, understanding technical
business support principles and sharing insights with others in the
* Productive professional contributor, working independently on
larger, moderately complex projects/assignments that have direct
impact on department and area results
* Strong knowledge of IT, telecommunications service delivery, and
operational service assurance
* Ability to think through the lifecycle of development and
end-to-end processes in order to create new and innovative
techniques that seek to promote end-user efficiencies
* Familiarity with Event/Incident/Problem/Change Management
processes in MSO environment
* Demonstrated basic knowledge of a technical or specialty area
* Service provider experience
* Understanding of many of the following:
* Networking services (i.e., Ethernet, IP-VPN, and particularly
SD-WAN), Internet services (DOCSIS/HFC, GPON/Fiber, MPLS/Fiber),
Managed Services (i.e., Managed Router and Security, Managed Wi-Fi,
etc.) Virtualization concepts and technologies (i.e., VMWare)
* TCP/IP and related internet protocols such as: DNS, SIP,
MCGP/NCS, POP, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, and SSH. IPV6 is a
* Server applications and AS/400, basic understanding of the
Network Layer 2 and layer 3 of the OSI Model
* UNIX/Linux, HTML, XML, SQL, and OBIEE
* VOIP, Telephony Switching, IP Network, SS7, CISCO IOS, Adtran,
Polycom, and Wi-Fi platforms
CPE, Entitlements, MOCA, RF, DOCSIS, QAM, MPEG, Levels, HFC,
Who We Are
* About Cox Communications*
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of
human connection through broadband applications and services. The
largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six
million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to
empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse
products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics
that makes each one unique.
* About Cox *
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose
that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, [visit our benefits
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications Inc, Atlanta , Cox Business Service Assurance Technician II (NOC as a Service), Professions , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!