Company: Brad Cole Construction
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Division/Department: Construction Reports to: General/Senior
Superintendent Job Code: Job Classification: Exempt Updated:
03/05/2020 Brad Cole Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
M/F/D/V. BASIC FUNCTION This position is responsible for managing
day-to-day onsite operations for individual construction projects
through the Close-Out Phase. This includes but is not limited to,
procuring, scheduling and directing of work crews, equipment,
subcontractors and materials. Individual must be able to construct
projects in accordance with construction designs, plans and
specifications. Must have the ability to read drawings and ensure
that the project is being constructed safely and in accordance
within project guidelines, on schedule and within budget. SPECIFIC
DUTIES Position may involve performing other duties as required,
which may not be mentioned below. Specific functions may change
from time to time. RESPONSIBILITIES & GENERAL JOB DUTIES Essential
- Review and understand proposals, estimates, plans,
specifications and related documents, analyzing labor, material,
equipment and time requirements.
- Understand construction drawings, specifications, permits and
- Collaborate and coordinate with Estimators, Project Manager,
and upper management personnel on project management.
- Complete accountability for onsite operations of specific
construction projects from the start of Construction Phase to the
Construction Phase through to the Project Close out Phase.
- Manage multiple subcontractors quality of work and their time
- Maintain continual communications with Customer, suppliers and
- Work with engineers, environmental teams, owners, vendors,
- Follow and enforce all applicable safety precautions and
- Must understand OSHA requirements in the construction
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or
- May be required to support the Pre-Construction group to
estimate or develop work plans. STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Demonstrate informative and professional assistance when
working with vendors, customers and co-workers.
- Act independently and originate new procedures and new
approaches to problems.
- Display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain initiative to meet and exceed the project construction
- Work under stress and with commitment to deadlines.
- Sustain interpersonal relationships, which encourage openness,
truthfulness and confidence, both internally and externally.
- Complete projects and/or reports in accurate and timely
- Maintain Company information in a confidential manner. MENTAL
AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Display professional appearance, warm demeanor and positive
- Be a motivated self-starter.
- Work independently and to be accurate, efficient and
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work under pressure with time constraints in a changing
- Listen and analyze information presented, as well as
communicate information and ideas through effective speaking and
- Manage and coordinate multiple tasks as required on
- Maintain scheduling tasks to meet deadlines
- Listen to and understand information presented through spoken
words and sentences, as well as communicates information and ideas
through effective speaking and writing.
- Use electronic equipment such as computer, radios, and cell
phone for communication to others as required.
- Travel and work at locations of construction projects as
- Sit, walk and/or stand for 8+ hours a day as the position is
primarily located in a field setting.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and balance occasionally.
Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside, in all types of environments and
weather. WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
- This position requires working in the outdoor environment
- Must be able to work extended hours, over 40 per week, as
- This position requires a flexible work schedule; night,
holidays and/or weekends may be required. EDUCATION, TRAINING, and
- Minimum of 3-5 years of construction leadership experience is
- Must be able to operate heavy construction equipment. CDL is a
- Must have OSHA 30 Certification or the ability to acquire.
- Experience in site grading/heavy construction; including mass
excavations, embankments, hauling and placement of transported
materials, utility construction.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Utilization of computer programs such as Microsoft Office
including, but not limited to, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to read engineered drawings and blueprints.
- Must be able to read grade stakes and use a level. OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Brad Cole Construction, Atlanta , Construction Superintendent, Professions , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!