Senior Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Company: White Cap
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary Responsible for taking
part in establishing and implementing organization policies and
procedures in regards to local, state, and federal health and
safety regulations. Ensure compliance with regulations and
procedures by carrying out and analyzing regular facility audits.
Provide information and training in emergency response procedures,
hazardous material handling, and industrial hygiene policies.
Manage the collection, storage, transportation, and shipping of
hazardous waste. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Serves as resource and subject matter expert for internal and
external customers in matters of environmental health, safety and
- Actively supports business in all operational, greenfield
growth and acquisitive growth including due diligence and
- Develops sustainable processes to determine the effectiveness
of the EHS programs and training materials; drives cost out
measures and ensures compliance.
- Plans, promotes, organizes, directs and audits EHS related
activities and operations to ensure consistent execution of
policies and procedures.
- Serves as subject matter expert on all Hazard Materials
- May monitor and mentor EHS specialists. Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem
solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations.
Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under
conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information,
that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to
the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to
solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex
problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments,
including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress
and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to
employees' professional development but does not have hiring or
firing authority. Work Environment
- Usually located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort, such as
dust, fumes, or odors.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8
years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5
years of experience in a related field. Certification is required
in some areas. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 3 - 5 years of experience in environmental health, safety,
industrial hygiene, fire codes, DOT, and hazardous material
- Experience coordinating and managing relationship with 3rd
party claims administrator to determine incident
- Ability to structure and distribute claims reports.
- Bachelor's in environmental health or related discipline.
- CHMM and/or CSP certifications preferred. PRID PRID161 Job
Locations US-GA-Atlanta Posted Date 1 day ago (10/15/2020 1:06 AM)
Job ID 2020-39914 Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Operations Remote Position? No Position Type
Full-Time White Cap is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Atlanta , Senior Environmental Health and Safety Specialist, Professions , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!