Senior Logistics Analyst
Company: White Cap
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now known as White Cap Supply Holdings, Inc., we are
made up of three distinct businesses called White Cap, Contractors'
Warehouse and Brafasco:
- WHITE CAP is the nation's leading distributor of specialty
hardware, tools, safety supplies, concrete accessories and
materials for professional contractors.
- BRAFASCO is an industrial distributor in Canada specializing in
fasteners, safety supplies and tools.
- CONTRACTORS WAREHOUSE (formerly known as Home Improvement
Solutions) offers remodeling and construction supplies to
contractors and trade professionals through local retail outlets.
With customer-facing locations across the U.S. and Canada, White
Cap Supply Holdings is a leading distributor of specialty concrete
and construction products and services in North America serving
professional contractors across non-residential, residential and
other markets. White Cap Supply Holdings is headquartered in
Norcross, GA, and has approximately 269 locations across 39 U.S.
States and six Canadian provinces. Approximately 5,600 associates
provide support for more than 200,000 customers annually. White Cap
Supply Holdings provides specialty concrete and construction
products serving professional concrete contractors and
self-performing general contractors, as well as all professional
contractors who require power tools and accessories, safety
equipment, and fastening products in non-residential, residential
and other markets. In addition to value-add services, White Cap
Supply Holdings offers a portfolio of 400,000 SKUs that include
concrete accessories and chemicals, engineered materials and
fastening systems, steel products, tools and equipment, building
envelope, safety and consumables, and wood products. White Cap
Supply Holdings is commonly referred to simply as White Cap. Job
Description & Qualifications Job Summary Responsible for managing,
defining and executing logistics/transportation strategy in a
manner that supports company and customer goals. Continuously
analyze data and processes to measure and improve performance and
productivity. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Serves as a resource to assigned client in area of expertise
and supports field personnel, Distribution Centers, Sales, Supply
Chain and other departments in transportation/logistics areas.
- Gathers and compiles raw data; conducts research for industry
trends and benchmarks; and normalizes data to be incorporated into
a centralized data format.
- Prepares spreadsheets for data analysis; prepare reports with
charts and graphs, mailing lists, maps and ad hoc requests. Defines
data definitions and documents data limitations.
- Develops business tools and solutions to improve logistics
- Develops cost estimates and forecasts. Creates and maintains
- Informs executive management on all pertinent issues concerning
the supply chain process.
- Ensures the structure of all logistics and delivery programs
meet Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Ensures products, components and/or supplies are shipped,
distributed or received in an efficient manner. Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem
solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations.
Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under
conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information,
that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to
the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to
solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex
problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments,
including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress
and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to
employees' professional development but does not have hiring or
firing authority. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8
years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5
years of experience in a related field. Certification is required
in some areas. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 3-5 years of experience in logistics analytics including
gathering and analyzing data, gleaning actionable insights, and
- Experience in logistic processes of warehouse operations and
distribution programs, with transportation experience highly
- Proven history of finding opportunities to optimize efficiency
and cost savings.
- Familiarity with data rationalization and data
- Strong technical skills including advanced Excel.
- Strong communication and listening skills in addition to
problem solving skills.
- Able to think independently.
- Bachelor's in business or related field. PRID PRID161 Job
Locations US-GA-Atlanta Posted Date 1 day ago (10/15/2020 1:06 AM)
Job ID 2020-39455 Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Operations Remote Position? No Position Type
Full-Time White Cap is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Atlanta , Senior Logistics Analyst, Professions , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!