Senior Compensation Analyst
Company: White Cap
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now known as White Cap Supply Holdings, Inc., we are
made up of three distinct businesses called White Cap, Contractors'
Warehouse and Brafasco:
- WHITE CAP is the nation's leading distributor of specialty
hardware, tools, safety supplies, concrete accessories and
materials for professional contractors.
- BRAFASCO is an industrial distributor in Canada specializing in
fasteners, safety supplies and tools.
- CONTRACTORS WAREHOUSE (formerly known as Home Improvement
Solutions) offers remodeling and construction supplies to
contractors and trade professionals through local retail outlets.
With customer-facing locations across the U.S. and Canada, White
Cap Supply Holdings is a leading distributor of specialty concrete
and construction products and services in North America serving
professional contractors across non-residential, residential and
other markets. White Cap Supply Holdings is headquartered in
Norcross, GA, and has approximately 269 locations across 39 U.S.
States and six Canadian provinces. Approximately 5,600 associates
provide support for more than 200,000 customers annually. White Cap
Supply Holdings provides specialty concrete and construction
products serving professional concrete contractors and
self-performing general contractors, as well as all professional
contractors who require power tools and accessories, safety
equipment, and fastening products in non-residential, residential
and other markets. In addition to value-add services, White Cap
Supply Holdings offers a portfolio of 400,000 SKUs that include
concrete accessories and chemicals, engineered materials and
fastening systems, steel products, tools and equipment, building
envelope, safety and consumables, and wood products. White Cap
Supply Holdings is commonly referred to simply as White Cap. Job
Description & Qualifications Job Summary Responsible for assisting
with the design, review, implementation, and administration of
compensation programs. Collects, analyzes, and maintains data to
ensure the organization can attract and retain high quality
employees. Ensures appropriate pay based on market data and trends.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Researches and analyzes compensation trends. Reviews market pay
programs and practices and compares company pay practices and data
against market information to determine competitiveness. Recommends
and assists in the implementation of changes to compensation
programs, policies, and procedures.
- Conducts analyses on jobs, hourly wages, salaries, and
incentives to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness,
and legal compliance of internal pay practices. Works with internal
stakeholders to evaluate and market price new and revised
- Addresses moderate to complex compensation questions using
knowledge of compensation, human resources, and internal
- Supports annual merit and variable pay programs, including
configuration, reporting, system processing, and related analyses.
Assists in the administration of compensation programs, including
project managing year-end merit and variable pay compensation
- Performs job evaluations. Works with internal stakeholders to
evaluate and market price new and revised jobs. Reviews job
descriptions and makes FLSA exemption recommendations. Sets up,
maintains, and manages job-related data in necessary systems.
- Delivers accurate and timely compensation reporting and serves
as a consultant to internal stakeholders for core compensation and
compensation systems as needed. Identifies and resolves various
compensation-related issues and questions.
- Prepares special studies and recommendations on subjects, such
as incentive compensation, bonus plans, sales compensation, and/or
- Participates in departmental and interdepartmental projects.
Serves as a team lead and provides training to other team members.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem
solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations.
Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under
conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information,
that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to
the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to
solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex
problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments,
including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress
and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to
employees' professional development but does not have hiring or
firing authority. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Travel required less than 10% of the time. Education and
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8
years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5
years of experience in a related field. Certification is required
in some areas. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 5+ years of experience as a compensation analyst.
- Strong analytics and reporting skills.
- Experience with compensation/base pay modeling, job evaluation,
market pricing, salary structures and incentive plans, and
administering equity programs.
- Experience with HRIS systems including Workday, PeopleSoft, and
CompAnalyst or other market pricing tools.
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply Federal and State
employment laws (FLSA, AAP, EEO, ERISA, FMLA, etc.).
- Prior experience with M&A transactions and project
management. PRID PRID161 Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta Posted Date 1
day ago (10/15/2020 1:06 AM) Job ID 2020-39519 Business Unit
Construction Industrial WC Functional Area Human Resources Remote
Position? No Position Type Full-Time White Cap is an Equal
Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for
employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age,
race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran
or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Atlanta , Senior Compensation Analyst, Professions , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!