Senior Compensation Analyst
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Company Overview HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one
of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The
company provides a broad range of products and value-add services
to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in
maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction
sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and
six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000
associates provide localized, customer-driven services including
jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified
logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its
customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in
which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving
organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and
inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company.
Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow
professionally while providing competitive benefits and
compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and
achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD
Supply is ready for you! Job Description & Qualifications Job
Summary Responsible for assisting with the design, review,
implementation, and administration of compensation programs.
Collects, analyzes, and maintains data to ensure the organization
can attract and retain high quality employees. Ensures appropriate
pay based on market data and trends. Major Tasks, Responsibilities
and Key Accountabilities
- Researches and analyzes compensation trends. Reviews market pay
programs and practices and compares company pay practices and data
against market information to determine competitiveness. Recommends
and assists in the implementation of changes to compensation
programs, policies, and procedures.
- Conducts analyses on jobs, hourly wages, salaries, and
incentives to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness,
and legal compliance of internal pay practices. Works with internal
stakeholders to evaluate and market price new and revised
- Addresses moderate to complex compensation questions using
knowledge of compensation, human resources, and internal
- Supports annual merit and variable pay programs, including
configuration, reporting, system processing, and related analyses.
Assists in the administration of compensation programs, including
project managing year-end merit and variable pay compensation
- Performs job evaluations. Works with internal stakeholders to
evaluate and market price new and revised jobs. Reviews job
descriptions and makes FLSA exemption recommendations. Sets up,
maintains, and manages job-related data in necessary systems.
- Delivers accurate and timely compensation reporting and serves
as a consultant to internal stakeholders for core compensation and
compensation systems as needed. Identifies and resolves various
compensation-related issues and questions.
- Prepares special studies and recommendations on subjects, such
as incentive compensation, bonus plans, sales compensation, and/or
- Participates in departmental and interdepartmental projects.
Serves as a team lead and provides training to other team members.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem
solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations.
Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under
conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information,
that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to
the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to
solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex
problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments,
including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress
and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to
employees' professional development but does not have hiring or
firing authority. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Travel required less than 10% of the time. Education and
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8
years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5
years of experience in a related field. Certification is required
in some areas. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 5+ years of experience as a compensation analyst.
- Strong analytics and reporting skills.
- Experience with compensation/base pay modeling, job evaluation,
market pricing, salary structures and incentive plans, and
administering equity programs.
- Experience with HRIS systems including Workday, PeopleSoft, and
CompAnalyst or other market pricing tools.
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply Federal and State
employment laws (FLSA, AAP, EEO, ERISA, FMLA, etc.).
- Prior experience with M&A transactions and project
management. PRID PRID161 Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta Posted Date 2
days ago (9/11/2020 5:17 PM) Job ID 2020-39519 Business Unit
Construction Industrial WC Functional Area Human Resources Remote
Position? No Position Type Full-Time Posting Location : Postal Code
30339 HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals
with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action
Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified
candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or
any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Atlanta , Senior Compensation Analyst, Professions , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!