NEXTGEN 911 Technician III
Posted on: May 24, 2020
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
This position will focus on support and maintenance of
CenturyLink's Next Generation network that include Virtualized,
Cloud and IP-based services. These Next Gen networks and
applications will support the evolution of CenturyLink's services
(e.g. SD WAN, Managed Services, Cloud Services and Next Gen Public
Safety Services).The Main Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to CenturyLink contracted customer
base; includes break/fix support, infrastructure design,
installation and life-cycle maintenance for new and current
- Provide primary engineering design and configuration for
complex data systems to meet with customer's goals and
- Evaluate new technical requirements for compatibility with
deployed system designs.
- Evaluate new products for compatibility and applicability to
existing network support portfolio.
- Maintains technical knowledge base regarding complex routing &
switching design and configuration of installed equipment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Provide high-level technical & engineering support for
configurations, troubleshooting, and service restoration along with
an understanding of telecommunications, routing, switching, and
SD-WAN technologies related to troubleshooting efforts.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex routing, switching, and
- Provides high-level off-hours (on-call) support on a rotating
basis with other on-site engineering staff.
- Develop and oversee subordinate level technical methods,
procedures, and assist with complex technical solution
- Develops & documents process flows.
- Monitor and analyze performance across customer's data network
and underlying LANs, WANs, and SD-WAN deployments.
- Identify capacity and performance issues for communications
traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of
- Conduct testing of disaster recovery plans as it pertains to
communication equipment to detect faults and minimize
- Create and maintain methods of procedure, required network
documentation and reports as needed.
- Act as liaison between the customer and other network vendors
on high-level or escalated support issues.
- Provide direct interface with other CenturyLink departments in
support of the customer's network issues and projects.
- Attend a training class of 4 weeks (Mon-Fri 8 am- 4 pm).
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 2-3 years network routing and switching experience
- Cisco CCNA Certification
- SD-WAN experience
- ITIL Certification
- Layer 2 & 3 switch, router, firewalls, configuration and
- System configuration and management, including routers,
switches, and related hardware.
- Programming and management isolation of network outage causes
and service restorations including understanding fiber optic
- Isolation of network outage causes and service restorations
including understanding characteristics.
- Demonstrate direct customer interaction through exceptional
communication skills, both written & orally.
- Proficient PC skills in MS Office applications including MS
- Proficient with presentations to technical and non-technical
audiences; must be able to translate technical terms and concepts
to non-technical entities.
- Excellent attitude and work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work collaboratively
with a large technical support team is a must!
- Must be available 24/7 for network outages and maintenance
window work in on-call rotational basis.
Alternate Location: US-Georgia-Norcross
Requisition #: 223811
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Atlanta , NEXTGEN 911 Technician III, Professions , Norcross, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!