Pricing Strategy - Analyst
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Company OverviewHD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one
of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The
company provides a broad range of products and value-add services
to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in
maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction
sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and
six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000
associates provide localized, customer-driven services including
jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified
logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its
customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in
which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving
organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and
inclusion all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally
as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally
while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If youre
ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential
with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!Job
Description & QualificationsJob SummaryGather disparate data from
various data sources, analyzes and normalizes the data to ensure
quality of data for analysis. Responsible for providing consistent,
relevant and accurate data as well as guidance/knowledge of the
data and definitions that are available for analysis.Major Tasks,
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Serves as a resource to assigned client in area of
- Gathers and compiles raw data; conducts research for industry
trends and benchmarks; and normalizes data to be incorporated into
a centralized data format.
- Analyzes, reports, makes comparisons to industry/company
benchmarks, determines trends, and prepares cost analyses.
- Defines data definitions and documents data limitations.
- Prepares spreadsheets for data analysis; prepare reports with
charts and graphs, mailing lists, maps and ad hoc requests. May
- Provides recommendations based on findings and analysis;
provides input on policies and procedures.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving
missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in
more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives
guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review
typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or
direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level
support or professional personnel.Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- No travel required.Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5
years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4
years of experience in a related field. Certification is required
in some areas.Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management
- Experience analyzing, evaluating, and interpreting large
volumes of complex data.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal and external
- Self-starter and able to work with limited supervision while
prioritizing multiple workflows.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel and Tableau preferred.PRIDPRID156Job
Locations US-GA-AtlantaPosted Date 3 months ago (10/29/2019 8:35
AM)Job ID 2019-35297Business Unit Facilities MaintenanceFunctional
Area MerchandisingRemote Position? NoPosition Type Full-TimePosting
Location : Postal Code 30339HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Atlanta , Pricing Strategy - Analyst, Professions , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!