Program Management / Assistant Project Manager - Transportation Market
Company: Gresham Smith & Partners
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Our transportation team helps improve the connectivity of the
community through solutions that support the safe and efficient
movement of goods, services and people.
* Assist in managing consultant s designing transportation projects
including but not limited to roadway design, bridge design,
transportation planning, and environmental.
* Extensive scheduling experience for various types of
* Assist in managing the consultant s preparation of engineering
reports, plans and specifications for major and minor projects.
* Assist in managing the consultant s preparing and review of
preliminary and final plans and technical specifications, contract
documents and estimates, and make recommendations for additions,
deletions and substitutions when modifications are necessary.
* Assist in contract bidding and administration if needed.
* Assist in supervising and observing the navigation of a design
project through the client s process including the coordination of
the project with City, State and County officials and other outside
* Assist in coordinating projects with clients, contractors,
consultants and firm staff.
* Assist in communicating and interacting with project team
members, client representatives, review agencies and others as
appropriate to project.
* Assist in resolving a variety of complex problems (e.g.,
conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional
materials, difficult coordination requirements).
* Meet program and client s goals and reporting metrics for
* Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
* Ability to learn Georgia Department of Transportation systems,
policies, and procedures.
* Ability to learn standard operations, policies and procedures of
a firm, preferably within the A/E industry.
* Attend training as needed and appropriate, to understand changing
client and GS&P requirements.
* Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computers,
calculators, and copiers.
* Skill in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and
* Skill in Primavera P6 project management software.
* Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail.
* Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management
* Ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal
* Ability to work independently on multiple tasks without immediate
and constant supervision.
* Associate s degree in Management or Technology field and 2 years
of experience in the transportation industry required preferably in
* May be required to have additional experience for some
* Transportation project experience is preferred, but not
Gresham Smith is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is
proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification
protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters,
headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment
agencies. An executed GRESHAM PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is
required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or
recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume
or candidate without a previously executed PSA, GRESHAM SMITH
explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those
candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial
obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such
unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including
those submitted directly to GRESHAM SMITH S hiring managers or any
other employee, shall become the property of GRESHAM SMITH upon
Keywords: Gresham Smith & Partners, Atlanta , Program Management / Assistant Project Manager - Transportation Market, Professions , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!