Pricing Strategy - Senior Analyst
Company: HD Supply Support Services, Inc.
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Company OverviewHD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (www.hdsupply.com) is one of
the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company
provides a broad range of products and value-add services to
approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in
maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction
sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and
six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000
associates provide localized, customer-driven services including
jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified
logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its
customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in
which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving
organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and
inclusion all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally
as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally
while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If youre
ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential
with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!Job
Description & QualificationsJob SummaryGather disparate data from
various data sources, analyzes and normalizes the data to ensure
quality of data for analysis. Responsible for providing consistent,
relevant and accurate data as well as guidance/knowledge of the
data and definitions that are available for analysis.--Major Tasks,
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Serves as a resource to assigned client in area of
- Gathers and compiles raw data; conducts research for industry
trends and benchmarks; and normalizes data to be incorporated into
a centralized data format.
- Analyzes, reports, makes comparisons to industry/company
benchmarks, determines trends, and prepares cost analyses.
- Defines data definitions and documents data limitations.
- Prepares spreadsheets for data analysis; prepare reports with
charts and graphs, mailing lists, maps and ad hoc requests. May
- Provides recommendations based on findings and analysis.
Provides input on policies and procedures.
- Participates on department and interdepartmental projects. May
serve as Team Lead. May train Analysts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem
solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations.
Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under
conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information,
that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to
the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to
solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex
problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments,
including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress
and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to
employees' professional development but does not have hiring or
firing authority.Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- No travel required.Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8
years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5
years of experience in a related field. Certification is required
in some areas.Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific
- 3+ years financial or analytical experience with exposure to
large distribution or retail businesses preferred.
- Experience working cross-functionally with business partners to
solve problems, propose logical solutions, and drive results.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize
and multitask across multiple work streams.
- Strengths in the areas of financial modeling as well as pricing
and commercial diagnostics.
- Proven ability to analyze, evaluate, and interpret complex
- Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge with Tableau and/or
Keywords: HD Supply Support Services, Inc., Atlanta , Pricing Strategy - Senior Analyst, Professions , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!