Assembly Operator (Multiple Shifts)
Company: Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Throughout its history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous
improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to
succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global
automotive market. With over 3,600 hard-working employees in three
U.S. Manufacturing plants, we are dedicated to ensuring the
expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are
We are currently seeking candidates for an exciting new product
launch at our Monroe, Georgia location. We will need Assembly
Operators who are comfortable with a high speed production process
as well as attention to detail to ensure that a quality product is
produced for our customers. Individuals hired for this position
must be able and available to train and work on A SHIFT (MONDAY
THROUGH FRIDAY 6:50 A.M. TO 3:10 P.M.), B SHIFT (MONDAY THROUGH
FRIDAY 2:50 P.M. 11:10 P.M.) AND C SHIFT (SUNDAY THROUGH THURSDAY
10:50P.M. TO 7:10 A.M.) and be willing and able to work mandatory
CHIEF DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work according to operator instruction sheets and/or verbal
instructions to effectively perform operations.
2. Check products and/or component dimensions with use of various
indicators and gauges as described in procedures or work
3. Change simple parts and fixtures to facilitate changeover of
4. Visually and manually check for defects in product or
5. Where appropriate, input data daily to maintain charts and
reports to support manufacturing, engineering, quality, material
control, and sales.
6. Maintain clean and orderly work area utilizing the 5S policy in
all aspects of processes, procedures and daily activities.
7. In all processes and functions, comply with work instructions
and procedures to ensure manufacture of products, which conform to
TS16949 and ISO14000 and customer quality standards.
8. Suggest and implement continuous improvement programs.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. Manufacturing / industrial experience preferred specifically in
electronic/mechanical equipment assembly or high speed equipment
3. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to achieve
production goals including cycle time, Takt time, scrap rates,
4. Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order
instructions and prepare simple production reports.
5. Basic math skills.
6. Sufficient manual dexterity to operate machines properly.
7. Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions,
operates machines, and visually inspects parts products.
8. Physical ability to do work requiring frequent stooping and
9. Physical strength sufficient to lift and carry 40 pounds
10. Must have acceptable scores on pre-employment assessments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stand,
sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or
controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work performed in a Plant environment. Required to wear hat, safety
glasses and wear steel toe shoes while performing specific tasks or
while in specific manufacturing areas.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Since we only hire
the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment
for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background
checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Keywords: Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc., Atlanta , Assembly Operator (Multiple Shifts), Other , Monroe, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!