Flat Work Supervisor
Company: Alsco Inc.
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Flat Work Supervisor is responsible for organizing and
supervising work in the Production Department. Performs other
duties as required and reports to the General Manager or Operations
- Monitors and ensures implementation of recommended changes in
work methods and/or equipment usage to improve labor utilization,
production efficiency and department expenses.
- Leads, trains, and supervises the Production staff and
- Responsible for overseeing all new hire training and conducts
regular and ongoing training in all departments.
- Consults with engineering, sales and service management to ensure
the smooth operation of the plant.
- Responsible for execution of company production policies,
procedures and standards.
- Responsible for setting, monitoring, and ensuring that standards
for production, quality, housekeeping and safety are met.
- Responsible for creating and adherence to department budgets, as
well as hiring, discipline and employee relations.
- Follow written and verbal instructions, attend meetings and
perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
- May work with and support other branch personnel as required by
- Have a minimum of two years of business management experience in
a production environment with strong supervisory and management
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop staff.
- Recognize colors, sizes and types of product. Count, add and
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability
to comprehend and follow direction, as well as good time management
skills and being a team player.
- High School graduation or similar experience.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands/Requirements consist of standing, sitting,
walking, stooping, driving a forklift, grasping, moving equipment,
pushing, pulling, moving loaded carts weighing up to 500 lbs.,
reading, speaking, hearing, and lifting up to 60 lbs.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Production areas of a typical industrial laundry facility which
includes variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and
- Occasionally, to visit customers or possibly to attend training
meetings. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Alsco Inc., Atlanta , Flat Work Supervisor, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!