Asset Security Specialist
Posted on: August 24, 2019
What you'll be doing...
We are seeking an enthusiastic technologist to drive cyber security
initiatives focused on asset discovery, inventory and asset
management. This individual will need to be familiar with a broad
range of technologies and ideally will have experience working on
medium to large, cross functional efforts at a company of scale.
There will be a mix of hands-on tactical efforts (ie finding owners
of discovered assets) and strategic projects (ie evaluating the
asset lifecycle). Success will require someone to be very data and
process driven, yet have a personality that can champion progress
while facilitating positive relationships with both technical (i.e.
IT, cyber-security) and nontechnical (i.e. supply chain, finance)
Activities may include:
- Analysis and comparison of existing inventory solutions.
- Comparative analysis of known inventory to other sources (flow,
SIEM, etc.) to identify "gaps"
- Partnering with leadership to determine solutions to close gaps
and bring those into the standard process.
- Researching and investigating asset, inventory and security
methods with a focus on operational process improvements.
- Working with various stakeholders to identify information asset
owners to classify data and systems and determine existing risk
- Partnering with supply chain, IT and others to mature the
product lifecycle and enhance asset inventory security and stage
- Handling routine and exception reporting against KPIs, standard
procedure documentation and review transactions to measure
compliance to procedures.
- Assisting with the development of asset management technical
- Conducting audits on systems, transactions and procedures to
ensure accuracy and identify issues that could impact the
- Assisting with development of documentation related to asset
management lifecycle, strategy, controls, asset management
- Presentation to cross-functional stakeholders and leadership to
ensure the awareness of and ongoing success of the vulnerability
reporting and management programs
What we're looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Exposure to the full stack of information technologies and
associated security models - including server/OS, database,
hardware, network devices, user compute, application/SDLC, etc.
Even Better if you have:
- Familiarity with the asset lifecycle.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks,
such as NIST.
- Someone who understands high level concepts to ensure success
at scale, but has strong mathematical and analytical skills is
comfortable getting "hands on" with data Experience in database and
ERP solutions, sufficient to work with large datasets (1MM+
records) is a plus.
- Experience with BI tools, such as Qlik, is a plus.
- Knowledge of asset discovery tools (i.e. Crowdstrike, Tanium,
BDNA, ADDM, Tenable, etc.)
- Knowledge of Asset Management enterprise best practices for
- Certifications in ITIL or Asset Management is a plus.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Atlanta , Asset Security Specialist, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!