Systems Engineer IV
Company: Genuent Global, LLC
Posted on: August 24, 2019
For immediate consideration, please contact Brandon at or Senior
Linux EngineerAlpharetta, GAThe Senior Linux Engineering team is
responsible for end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to
our customers. Working with Development, Product and other
Engineering teams, the Senior Engineer will deliver an
infrastructure solution that is technically sound, resilient to
failure, operationally supportable, and meets the requirements of
the business.Delivery of the infrastructure solution requires a
variety of skills including infrastructure architecture, hands-on
build-out and configuration of the infrastructure, management of
the application container, as well as project technical leadership
skills ensuring projects are delivered within scope and
on-time.Essential Job Responsibilities
- Lead cross-functional project teams to design and implement
highly available Linux / Java infrastructures, and managing
solutions utilizing Apache, WebLogic, JBoss, Coherence, Oracle Real
Application Clusters (RAC), WebSphere MQ, DB2 Connect
- Collaborate across business and technical disciplines to
develop Infrastructure / System Engineering Designs for internally
- Implement solutions by writing automation processes to deploy
Linux systems, application containers, and hosted
- Be a primary infrastructure interface for business unit and
operations teams throughout the project lifecycle.
- Technical leadership for project based assignments
- Providing technical documentation to Project and Operations
teams as part of project deliverables.
- Script development for repeatable processes (Perl, Python,
Jython, Shell, etc.) Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical
field experience OR a High School diploma and 5-7 years of
professional work experience in a related role. Job Related
- Experience utilizing a consultative approach while interacting
with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze,
validate, specify, verify, document and manage the
- Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering
experience with Linux and Java platforms running on Client servers
utilizing directly attached and SAN attached storage.
- Experience designing, implementing and managing solutions
utilizing one or more of the following technologies:
- Linux (Red Hat Preferred)
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle RAC
- WebSphere Portal
- WebSphere MQ
- Experience in script development (Perl, Python, Jython, Shell,
- Experience with automated system builds and configuration
management tools including Red Hat Satellite Server, Client Server
Automation, Client Operations Orchestration
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components
including TCP/IP, DNS, NFS
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and
Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Experience working on a matrix team consisting of a variety of
Infrastructure Engineering groups, as well as Development groups
and Client Relationship groups.
- Ability to quickly learning new technologies required for
accomplishing project goals.
- Ability to produce high quality operational documentation,
including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the
environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps
required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the
- Strong customer service skills with high level of
professionalism, and ability to work with complex situations.
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple sites and
- Must be flexible and have the ability to simultaneously manage
multiple projects or tasks
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Keen attention to detail Additional Skills/Knowledge
- High organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction
- Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a
high level of confidence
- Familiarity with development models (RUP / Agile / etc.).
- Experience administering source control, build automation
- Infrastructure/System Engineering experience on UNIX/Linux
platforms utilizing NAS and SAN attached storage.
- Development experience (this is not a development position).
- Less than 20% per year Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
or Business or equivalent degree is desirable - provided by
Keywords: Genuent Global, LLC, Atlanta , Systems Engineer IV, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!