Product Application Specialist - Geiger
Company: Herman Miller, Inc
Posted on: August 17, 2019
You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can
work as a Product Application Specialist at Geiger and make
About this Opportunity
As a Product Application Specialist working at Geiger, you'll
support the Geiger Sales Team by providing product drawings and
specifications for commercial furniture designers and space
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others,
and be an owner every day as you...
* Create installation drawings that provide adequate instructions
for our teams in the field to complete highly customized furniture
* Create office and workplace room plans and drawing typicals in
response to requests for proposals (RFPs) from clients.
* Gain an in-depth understanding of Geiger product lines as it
relates to current trends and how to best position them against
* Participate in regular internal and external training and
education initiatives that support Geigers efforts to sustain its
position as an industry leader.
* Partner with the National Sales Team to create Geiger custom
solutions for casegoods and ancillary furniture.
* Provide documentation essential for Geiger Engineers and
Manufacturing Team to successfully produce furniture.
* Provide detailed specifications and pricing for custom furniture
* Serve as a liaison between internal partners (Sales, Order Entry,
Manufacturing, and Engineering) and the A D community (furniture
dealers, architecture firms, and interior design firms).
* Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
* A Bachelor's degree in Interior Design, Industrial Design, or
Furniture Design from an accredited program, or equivalent years of
* Three to five years of prior design-related experience or
experience in custom cabinet design and millwork
* Contract furniture experience (preferred).
* A strong sense of the customer and sales process and a proven
ability to facilitate customer and field interaction.
* The ability to work with cross-functional teams to create,
specify, and present design solutions.
* Knowledge of CAD software applications, including Revit, AutoCAD,
SketchUp, or product specification and drawing software.
Vectorworks experience is ideal.
* The ability to effectively use the office automation,
communication, software and tools currently used in the Geiger
* The ability to perform all essential job functions of the
position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Geiger, why we do things and how we do them are inexorably one -
achieving quality through craft, celebrating materiality through
elegant simplicity, improving the work environment with beautiful
furniture designed to endure. Our people do more than power our
teams, they also empower each other. Ask any team member and
they're likely to tell you that they may have come to Geiger for
the opportunity, but they stay at Geiger because of the people. It
feels like family.
That family-feel is important to us, but Geiger is also able to
offer big company benefits thanks to our relationship with Herman
Miller. We were acquired by Herman Miller in 1999. Today, we share
the same cultural values - contributing to strong communities,
celebrating inclusiveness and diversity, promoting health and
wellness, and working toward our Earthright environmental goals -
as Herman Miller, a nationally recognized leader in the areas of
family benefits, work-life balance, occupational safety, and
corporate equality. If a culture of problem-solvers sounds like the
place for you, then you may want to explore career opportunities at
Geiger. For more information about Geiger or Herman Miller, visit
www.geigerfurniture.com or www.hermanmiller.com.
HERMAN MILLER IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING VETERANS AND PEOPLE WITH
Keywords: Herman Miller, Inc, Atlanta , Product Application Specialist - Geiger, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!