DC Sample Room Coordinator
Company: Jaipur Living
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Job DetailsDescription SUMMARY The Sample Room Coordinator manages
entire area in the Distribution Center that houses samples and
special shipments for creative, sales, merchandising etc. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Additional duties may be assigned.
Management retains the discretion to change or add to the duties of
- Identify and categorize product and where it needs to go in the
Distribution Center Sample room Inventory. Prioritize flow and the
sample review process with Design and PD team's direction.
- Record and Inventory all incoming Samples. Look up all JLS
codes to identify the vendor, the materials and cost of each
sample; document each "pile" by collection, so that proper reviews
can take place with all information on hand.
- Receive incoming Shipments as they are delivered from Main JL
Receiving Center. Communicate and manage up receivables daily to
design manager. Communicate with Distribution Center Receiving
Manager when shipments are expected. Provide tracking numbers and
descriptions of expected special orders. Notify the appropriate
people in the Creative, Photography, Sales, and etc when they have
incoming items when they are brought to the Distribution Center
- Arrange and receiving Transfer Orders. Arrange and return
Transfer Orders. Arrange, Package, and return items that need to be
returned to regular Distribution Center Inventory. Assure they are
properly labeled. Identify orphaned items and determine when
appropriate location. Facilitate the return or transfer of product
from Distribution Center Sample area to the Distribution Center
Warehouse as Assorted or OAK Inventory.
- Shipping managers - pack up shipments (samples, supplies, and
etc) and work with shipment department personnel and managers to
facilitate shipments. Learn and understand JL shipping procedures
- Manage supplies for the Distribution Center Sample Room. Handle
tools to repair and maintain pallets.
- Platforms - use to unload incoming inventory and move around to
appropriate locations for each stage in product process using
machinery that requires special training and
certification/licensing. to operate to move Platforms and Pallets
using machinery within Distribution Center Sample Department and
Return items to general inventory.
- Incoming Samples, Facilitate Sample Viewings. Move product
according to approved and rejected - See attached Flow Chart.
Process through proper channels transferring product to next
appropriate location such as photography, Distribution Center
Assorted or General Inventory. Communicate with Creative Department
on dated merchandise to assure approvals occur in regular and
timely basis to avoid back log. Keep detailed lists of approved
- Special Orders - Customer Service/Sales/Creative/Merchandising
- provide incoming packages and notify department managers of
product that involves their department.
- HR Temps - request temporary workers when needed with approval
from Creative/Sales Department. Lead, direct, and train temps. Work
with all Distribution Center Managers when extra help is needed and
they have available workers due to lack of work in their
- Provide expense reports when appropriate. Keep detail records
of purchases and expenses to review when requested. All purchases
must be approved by Sales/Creative Directors.
- Daily clean Distribution Center Sample Area to assure keeping
product clean and area free of debris. Take garbage out daily to
- Number all platforms and label all product on platforms with
appropriate signs for quick visual identification. Mark with
incoming or viewed date stacks of product to assure flow continues
in a timely manner.
- Locate and manage employee sale inventory that is in random
areas in the Distribution Center.
- When required by creative, merchandising, or sales department
for repair or product development, work with cristomar to
- For inclusive, cohesive and full understanding to all processes
once per week attend morning Customer Service Meetings and attend
Distribution Center morning meetings.
- Work with photography with assistance from Merchandising and
Creative department to process photographic needs Qualifications
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Previous warehouse experience
- Coordination, organization, planning and time management
- Merchandise, Inventory, and Materials Management
- Managing Process, Material, Products and Inventory
- Ability to take direction, instruct others and lead a team when
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds.
- Ability to operate Order Picker forklift around warehouse,
Ability to receive, put away, pick, pack, cycle count and re-stock
product up to 25 feet height.
- Adaptability; flexible to shifting priorities and a changing
- Must be computer literate; NAV experience is a plus
- Must be able to exercise critical thinking, be very organized,
have solid working knowledge of Microsoft product including: Excel,
Word, Outlook, etc. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and
hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to take directional cues
directly and indirectly. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
exposed to outside weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Employment at Jaipur is contingent on the successful completion of
a criminal background check and a drug screen. Jaipur employees are
subject to pre-employment, post-injury, post-accident, reasonable
suspicion and random testing for illegal drug usage.
Keywords: Jaipur Living, Atlanta , DC Sample Room Coordinator, Other , Acworth, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!