(GCA) Middle School Student Achievement and Data Coordinator
Company: K12, Inc
Posted on: May 19, 2019
(GCA) Middle School Student Achievement and Data Coordinator
[GCA] MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT AND DATA COORDINATOR
INSPIRE THE FUTURE
K12 is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most
compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available.
Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is
providing powerful, new options for the way children can be
educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a
A passionate Middle School Student Achievement and Data Coordinator
is needed at the K12 partner school, Georgia Cyber Academy. We want
you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of GCA is to provide an exemplary individualized and
engaging educational experience for students by incorporating
school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous
curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered
instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and
reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and
continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join
The Student Achievement and Data Coordinator is responsible for
analyzing and interpreting data as it relates to individual student
achievement and to the overall academic performance of the middle
school grade band. The position is responsible for maintaining
accurate and confidential data files and will work to support data
analysis training for teachers and administrators in the use of
data to improve instruction and student learning outcomes. This
position will also apply appropriate statistical measurements to
data; review school and state data to develop comparison trends;
and design and develop reports as requested for internal and
external stakeholder reporting.
AS A Middle School Student Achievement And Data Coordinator, YOU
* Assist with analyzing local, state, and national assessment data
as it relates to individual student performance and school
improvement, focused on at-risk students.
* Develop and maintain historical student and school data files to
monitor and track performance.
* Interpret and review assessment data with administrators and
* Compile data from multiple sources to develop teacher, student,
subject, grade-level, or school achievement profiles.
* Work with faculty and staff in schools to conduct training in the
use of data to improve instruction to target academic achievement
where learning and achievement gaps are present.
* Ensure the validity of all data presented to staff and
* Attend, as necessary and appropriate, training
sessions/conferences related to assigned responsibilities to
effectively use data to inform school improvement initiatives.
* Be the chairperson for annual planning committees
* Monitor student achievement through DDI Process
* Serve as middle school POC for NWEA MAP (Measures of Academic
* Facilitate middle school staff DDI professional development
* Organize and facilitate data days
* Collaborate with elementary, high school, counseling, and FSL
* Participate in leadership and administration meetings
* Provide multiple weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually
macro and micro data reports with initial points of analysis.
* Provide ad hoc reports upon request
* Provide survey reports and analysis
* Provide data to support student scheduling
* Create and sends mail merge communications to families as
* Have additional duties as assigned
Get To Know GCA
* Georgia Cyber Academy
* Behind the scenes
* A Day in the life
Minimum Required Qualifications
* Bachelor s Degree in Education or a field related to the
* Must have experience working with data from various types of
* Must have experience working with large data sets including data
analysis, interpretation, and display;
* Possess strong communication, organizational, analytical, and
* Demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks
* Ability to interact positively with teachers, administrators, and
* Possesses knowledge of the school improvement process.
* Experienced in using academic data to impact instruction and
school strategic planning
* Knowledge of data processing software
OTHER REQUIRED Qualifications
* Proficient/Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Access, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
* Ability to travel 20% of the time.
* Ability to pass required background check
* Computer Software/Hardware: Advanced Microsoft Office Excel,
* Skilled in explaining testing and statistics to administrators,
teachers, and parents.
* Ability to communicate, both in writing and orally, technical
information in a way that is understandable to all
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff from various
areas of responsibility.
* Knowledge of quality management, systems, and strategic
* Ability to learn new software and processes as they become
* Self-motivated and able to work in a quick paced environment.
* Ability to design and format data files and tables and to modify
and update such structures as required.
* Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks in a timely manner.
WHO ARE WE*
* About us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties
and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other
instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by
their supervisor. All employment is at-will as governed by the law
of the state where the employee works. It is further understood
that the at-will nature of employment is one aspect of employment
that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
Send This Job to a Friend
Keywords: K12, Inc, Atlanta , (GCA) Middle School Student Achievement and Data Coordinator, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!