Disaster Recovery Security Specialist
Company: The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)
Posted on: November 20, 2023
The Walt Disney Company is a premier entertainment and
technological leader. Walt's passion was to continuously envision
new ways to move audiences around the world-a passion that remains
our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks,
resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies, and a variety of
other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a dedication to crafting
and delivering unforgettable experiences - and we are constantly
looking for new ways to improve these exciting experiences.Do you
want to be a part of a team that builds magic for millions of
guests across all of the Disney brands? Behind the scenes, the
Global Information Security (GIS) group provides services and
solutions to protect the value and use of Disney's information
through risk evaluation, teamwork, standardization, enforcement,
and education across the enterprise. We protect the brand and
reputation while enabling and supporting business objectives.The
Disaster Recovery (DR) Security Specialist is part of the IT
compliance team. Under the mentorship of the IT compliance manager,
the DR Security Specialist will coordinate disaster recovery
exercises for mission critical applications within our Disney
Parks, Experiences, and Products portfolio. It is an important role
in the overall GIS mission; we Secure the Magic!What you will
- Familiarity with business continuity program life cycle plans
and disaster recovery/crisis management activities.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively in a fast-paced
- Superb communication skills (both oral/written), including the
ability to clearly communicate and coordinate exercise activities
to an audience that can include both technical and non-technical
- Curiosity, inquisitiveness, and a bias towards
collaboration.What you will be doing:
- Work with Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products partners to
ensure that disaster recovery solutions are adequate, in place,
maintained, and tested as part of the regular operational life
- Maintain the overall plans and templates for executing all DR
procedures and understand their interdependencies.
- Develop and understand all testing vital for successful DR
- Schedule DR exercises for critically important
- Provide ongoing feedback for issue mitigation and
- Develop briefings, reports, and presentations for customers and
partners across the organization.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the
extended team and key partners.
- Help ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and
local laws, regulations, and ordinances.Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in related field
- Understanding of current recovery solutions and high
- Knowledge of general information security principles,
practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of common operating systems, networking protocols,
databases, and applications.
- Ability to accommodate scheduling around business operation
- Relevant certifications, such as CISSP, CBCP, PMP, or similar,
- Experience with running large scale projects.
- Familiarity with cloud computing (AWS, Azure, GCP) from both
operational and response perspectives.
- Ability to function both as an individual with limited
oversight as well as in a collaborative team environment.Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Information protection, or comparable field of study, and/or
equivalent work experience.#disneytech
Keywords: The Walt Disney Company (Corporate), Atlanta , Disaster Recovery Security Specialist, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!