F&A Systems Supervisor
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from
the options available at the top right of this page.Explore your
next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision
innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and
work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We
know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow-people with a unique
combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive
to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your
skills and take you to the next level.Job Description:Job
SummaryThe Finance and Accounting Systems (F&A) Supervisor
manages the daily support and maintenance of the F&A systems.
The position supports UPS users globally and serves as liaison
between application users, -technical support teams, -and
developers for system enhancement projects and production issues.
The F&A Systems Supervisor is responsible for performing
project activities such as project management, business analysis,
policies & procedures, system change requirements, design and logic
development, user acceptance testing, user training, change
management, production migration, and production support. He/She
may supervise -specialists and administrative assistants along with
The F&A Systems Supervisor will communicate with users and
recreate issues in a test environment to obtain detailed results.
In this role, the supervisor provides the IT department with
detailed descriptions to reflect system problems. He/She
coordinates project activities involving application users and IT
team members to gather, analyze, communicate, plan, document, and
execute testing scenarios to verify system enhancements meet
requirements. This position assesses requested information to
ensure alignment with business needs, objectives, and practices.
The supervisor creates, submits, and monitors change requests. This
position develops global standards and process
- Develops plans that balance details with the big picture;
adapts level of detail required for a given audience.
- Manages projects through complete project lifecycle including
Initiation, Feasibility, Analysis, Execution and Closeout
- Schedules and facilities project meetings to discuss project
- Captures and follows up on project issues and action items to
ensure completion of project tasks.
- Documents and communicates business process and system
- Gathers and documents business & functional requirements.
- Creates system diagrams and business process flows to document
current and future state solutions.
- Analyzes and monitors user acceptance testing results to ensure
testing objectives are met.
- Develops test scenarios to validate functionality and
enhancements of systems.
- Executes test scenarios to ensure systems are built according
- Records testing defects and coordinates with users and
developers to resolve issues.
- Assesses user training needs and coordinates change management
and training activities.
- Creates training materials and delivers training to users.
- Performs extensive data mining and analysis using SQL & Excel
to research and determine the source of issues and errors.
- Analyzes records by performing regression testing and
- Reviews and analyzes business requirement requests to determine
validity and feasibility. -
- Documents and submits business requirements to the IT
department for cost estimates.
- Provides system support for internal customers.
- Production environment processing, troubleshooting, and
maintenance. - -
- Analysis, design, development, and testing of new project
- Technical aptitude to quickly learn internal and external
- Captures and documents specific and accurate information,
learns and completes work thoroughly, supplies appropriate details
when requested, and maintains organized files, works well in a team
- Demonstrates, communicates, and applies general understanding
of technology used by the company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of general accounting and intercompany concepts.
- Supervisory experience.
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Excel --
- Capable of writing SQL queries - Preferred
- Experience with enterprise finance and accounting systems -
- Experience with data analysis and reconciliations -
- Experience with project management - Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business
Administration, Computer Information Systems, or a related field -
Employee Type:PermanentUPS is committed to providing a workplace
free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.Other Criteria:
Employer will sponsor visas for specific positions. UPS is an equal
opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of
origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or
any other characteristic protected by law.Basic Qualifications:Must
be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully
admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in
the U.S. for this employer.
Keywords: UPS, Atlanta , F&A Systems Supervisor, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!