Associate Enrollment / Eligibility Representative - National Remote
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: November 18, 2023
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere
within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. At
UnitedHealthcare, we're simplifying the health care experience,
creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality
care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people
for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow,
making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make
a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.SMThe
Associate Enrollment / Eligibility Representative -is responsible
for performing a variety of duties to bill and collect COBRA
premium for multiple lines of coverage. - Works directly with
customer and coverage vendors to set up benefit plans directly into
our system. Responsible for timely entry of participants into the
COBRA processing application as well as entry into the eligibility
system. - After balancing cash, creates and delivers monthly
reports to customers. - Works with customer and participants to
address any issues that arise. - Must keep up to date with the
ever-changing COBRA regulations to ensure compliance.This position
is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are
required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift
schedules during our normal business hours of 8:30am - 5:00pm CST
and late shift rotation requirement of 10:30 am to 7:00 pm CST
during the business week as assigned. It may be necessary, given
the business need, to work occasional overtime.*All Telecommuters
will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter
Policy.Primary Responsibilities:The following duties cover what are
generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the
job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people
assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of
- Analyzes COBRA Action Forms and election notices received, to
verify that the form was received and processed within the legal
time guidelines, ensures that the event is a COBRA qualifying
event, and coverage information is correct.
- Review and post COBRA payments received to determine whether
payments were mailed within federal time guidelines, whether
payments are the correct amount, if someone failed to pay, if it's
an NSF, if grace periods apply, and if under legal guidelines there
is a significant payment variance. - Prints and mails late and
termination letters at the time specified by the customer.
- Sends letter, new coupons, and processes Social Security
Disability extensions in the COBRA processing system as well as
notifies outside carriers, if applicable.
- Process new hire letters within current federal time
guidelines, for those customers who elect this service.
- Interfaces COBRA payment updates with other carriers to ensure
timely reinstatement (continuation of coverage) and cancellation of
- Assist with preparing document for OnBase storage.
- Maintains knowledge of special letter requirements to ensure
timely mailing, i.e., special California continuation letters,
special benefit option letters, etc.
- Communicates with customers to obtain rate changes for COBRA
accounts. - Enters rates into system, reviews to ensure accuracy
and delivers rate change letters and coupons.
- Prepares requests for customers who are not billed on a PEPM
basis and send to group billing.
- Updates and maintains COBRA Customer Information Database
(CCID) on a timely basis to reflect customer and outside carrier
information, and special procedures.
- Answers, responds, and tracks all phone calls, emails, faxes
and other communications from customers, brokers, outside carriers,
and other departments on a timely basis.
- Prepares monthly activity reports for customers, in a timely
manner. Responsible to identify any customization necessary in
benefit plans or reporting.
- Reconciles monthly reports to cash collected and makes
necessary adjustments to balance reports.
- Represents the organization by participating in visits with
existing customers and ensuring an understanding of our COBRA
process and procedures.
- Identifies customer needs by providing information over the
phone, in writing, or in person. - Maintains customer relationships
and provides resolution when necessary.
- Backup their team members on their assigned tasks including
- Complete eligibility audits.
- Has specific COBRA groups assigned to workload.
- Assists in taking phone calls through the VCC.
- Acts as a resource by providing departments within the company
with a thorough understanding of the COBRA process.
- Maintains working knowledge of the following systems and
software: - COBRA processing system, CPS, Microsoft Excel,
Microsoft Word, and Microsoft applications such as Outlook and
- All other tasks and projects as assignedYou'll be rewarded and
recognized for your performance in an environment that will
challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to
succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles
you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma / GED OR equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1+ years of combined education, work and/or
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our
normal business hours of 8:30am - 5:00pm CST and late shift
rotation requirement of 10:30 am to 7:00 pm CST during the business
week as assignedPreferred Qualifications:
- Customer Service experience
- Sales or account management experience
- Health Care/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical
terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Social work, behavioral health, disease prevention, health
promotion and behavior change - (working with vulnerable
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is
separated from other living areas and provides information
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group
approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing
high-speed internet service.California, Colorado, Connecticut,
Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington or Rhode Island Residents
Only: The hourly range for California / Colorado / Connecticut /
Nevada / New York / New Jersey / Washington / Rhode Island
residents is $16.00 - $27.31 per hour. Pay is based on several
factors including but not limited to education, work experience,
certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group
offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package,
incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k
contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility
requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with
UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits
and incentives.At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people
live healthier lives and make the health system work better for
everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality,
age, location, and income-deserves the opportunity to live their
healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many
barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by
people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with
lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the
environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that
addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an
enterprise priority reflected in our mission. -Diversity creates a
healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment
Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug
- free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test
before beginning employment.#RPO #GREEN
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Atlanta , Associate Enrollment / Eligibility Representative - National Remote, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!