Bilingual (English / Spanish) Associate Enrollment / Eligibility Representative - National Remote
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: November 18, 2023
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere
within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Cuando se trata de salir adelante y tienes la voluntad de ganar,
vamos a llamarlo gran potencial de carrera! Imagine being able to
get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks
the same language as you do. -Or, the opposite, not being able to
get the answers. -At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to
get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual
Representatives. -If you're fluent in English and Spanish, we can
show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your
energy to work in a fast - growing environment. -
Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of
businesses. We are transforming the health care system through
innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a
difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in
accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver
cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance
companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to
improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the
meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.------
This position is responsible for providing high quality client
focused service by using knowledge of local, state, and federal
program requirements to efficiently maintain and update general
applicant information, financial, medical, and personal information
to support client applications for Disability and Medicaid
-This position is full-time, Monday - Friday. Employees are
required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm EST.
It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional
We offer weeks of on-the-job training. The hours during training
will be -8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday. Training will be
conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth
Group's Telecommuter Policy.
- Monitors and fosters ongoing communications with government
agencies regarding the status of claims.
- Documents and updates internal database based on daily contact
of select members of assigned applicant group and application
evidence requirements, i.e., work activity, medical condition,
third party, beneficiary, contact and demographic data financial,
life and health insurance information, employment and salary
verification, medical history, and documentation where evidence is
- Reviews inbox for daily work queues, identifies missing
evidence and follows through to completion.
- Answers incoming calls from internal and external customers.
- Assists callers in resolving account issues by identifying and
taking appropriate actions including completing and requesting
required forms to support application process.
- Effectively educates and answers inquiries from patients and
family representatives regarding application process, while
safeguarding Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Assists clients with scheduling appointments, reminding of
appointments, and arranging transportation as needed.
- Identifies and takes appropriate actions to complete and submit
required financial, medical, and personal information forms to
support the client application process.
- Diligently follows-up with institutions/businesses resolving
issues ultimately affecting application approval.
- Identifies appropriate escalation points and works with direct
manager to resolve issues.
- Reviews outgoing client material for accuracy prior to
- Complies with ethics, privacy and compliance policies and
- Ability to rapidly adopt and respond to changes in work
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in.Required
- High School Diploma / GED OR relevant work experience
- 1+ years of experience in a healthcare or State/Federal agency
customer service environment
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Previous experience with handling 200+ case loads -
- Basic computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft
Ability to work our normal business hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm EST,
Monday - Friday
- Must be 18 years or older
- Previous experience with Federal and State programs
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is
separated from other living areas and provides information
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group
approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing
high-speed internet service
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written); demonstrated
experience working with people of various educational and
socioeconomic backgrounds, experience communicating with government
caseworkers and hospital personnel
- Strong organization skills - ability to prioritize and
- Ability to work independently and follow tasks through to
completion without direct supervision
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York,
Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The hourly range for
California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / New York / New
Jersey / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 - $27.31 per
hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to
education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to
your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a
comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs,
equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are
subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you
begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching
choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier
lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We
believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location,
and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life.
Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good
health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color,
historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We
are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and
enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health
disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority
reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Atlanta , Bilingual (English / Spanish) Associate Enrollment / Eligibility Representative - National Remote, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!