AVP STRATEGY AND TRANSFORMATION
Company: International Executive Service Corps
Posted on: September 22, 2023
CARE USA has embarked on an ambitious transformational agenda,
to measurably impact 200M lives through an approach that is Gender
Equal, Locally Led, and Globally Scaled. Reporting to the Chief of
Staffand Strategy, the AVP Strategy and Transformation will be
responsible for asking the big questions (e.g.,what is CARE's value
proposition in a changing international development ecosystem? how
can CARE change structures to shift North/South power dynamics and
increase impact? what will be the impact of AI on development and
humanitarian response) and aligning a diverse global organization
to position itself for maximum impact in the future.The AVP
Strategy and Transformation will work regularly with the executive
team and key senior leaders toset vision, strategy, and drive
impact and outcomes. They will leverage best-in-class strategy
development processes to design, manage and execute 5-year and
annual strategic planning processes. They will engage
simultaneously with multiple senior-level executives to push
initiatives forward in a matrixed environment.This is a dynamic
role with high visibility across the organization, the Board, and
the Confederation.The AVP Strategy and Transformation will oversee
a team of Strategy Directors that partner with business and
functional Chiefs/Vice Presidents to develop strategy and then
translate that strategy into business plans,targets, and strategic
initiatives. They will oversee leadership of a matrixed
transformation function, partnering across key functional areas to
deploy transformational change leadership practices.A future
thinker and strategist, the AVP will be constantly "scanning the
horizon" for trends and changes that could impact the future of
development and humanitarian response, and bring a strong network
acrosssectors. They will design strategic "deep dives" leveraging
sector research and competitive insights toengage the Global
Leadership Team to identify strategic adjustments and
enhancements.The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to
influence, a track record of successful relationship development
and ability to quickly build credibility and gain the confidence of
individuals at all levels. They willbe an inspiring change
communicator, able to weave a compelling narrative, sell change and
build consensus effectively. And they will be rigorous in the
pursuit of delivering results and performance excellence.
Strategy and Transformation Leadership
- The individual in this role will work regularly with the
executive team and key senior leaders toset vision, strategy, and
drive impact and outcomes.
- Engage simultaneously with multiple senior-level executives to
push projects forward in amatrixed environment.
- Strong ability to influence; track record of successful
relationship development and ability toquickly build credibility
and gain the confidence of individuals at all levels.
- Excellent and inspiring change communicator. Team player with
the ability to weave acompelling narrative, sell change and build
- Oversee leadership of matrixed transformation function,
partnering across key functionalareas to deploy transformational
change leadership practices.
- This is a dynamic role with high visibility across the
organization, and the confederation.
Strategic Thought Leadership and Planning
- Leverage best-in-class strategy development processes to
develop, manage and evolve theCARE USA Strategy
- Design and lead 5-year and annual strategic planning
- Conduct periodic reviews with the Global Leadership Team to
evaluate current market andcompetitive insights to identify
strategic adjustments and enhancements to our strategy.
Designstrategic "deep dives" to engage the Global Leadership Team,
and occasionally the Board.
- Develop documents to facilitate cross-divisional and
cross-functional team discussions aswell as communicate with senior
- Serves as a strategic coach and thought partner to other
leaders across the organization.
- Supports the CEO, Global Leadership Team, and Board of
Directors across special projects.
- Lead or support development of external thought leadership
pieces, ensuring innovation andrelevance of positions and
supporting fact base.
- Identify strategic risks both internally and externally that
may impact the success of thestrategy.
Organizational Performance Management Leadership
- Oversee a team of Strategy Directors that partner with business
and functional Chiefs/Vice Presidents to translate the CARE USA
strategy into business plans, targets, and strategic
- Support organization to measure the right things and design
quarterly performance processes that emulate simplicity and change
effectiveness. Assess initiative performance and oversee team to
prepare Executive presentations including results and
- Oversee team on benchmarking and other market
- Manage tools to track progress and milestone
- Partner with the People and Culture team to ensure strategic
goals cascade into individual performance goals.
Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- Master's Degree (MBA, MPA, MPP, or Masters in International
Development or equivalent combination of education and work
Keywords: International Executive Service Corps, Atlanta , AVP STRATEGY AND TRANSFORMATION, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!