Commercial/Multifamily Superintendent - Southern CA/Bay Area
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Commercial/Multifamily Superintendent - Southern CA/Bay Area US
7 days ago Requisition ID: 1500 Salary Range: $100,000.00 Annually
Onwards -Commercial/Multifamily Superintendent (All Levels) -
Southern CA/Bay Area ABOUT YOUAre you looking for a place to work
where you can grow your career?Are you excited by the challenges
and intricacies of the building process?Do you want to work with a
team who is willing to support you and always encourage you to
reach your greatest potential? -Then VCC is the place for you. We
have built a culture of excellence and our people are our greatest
asset. You will be a part of the VCC family and with that comes
great pride in serving our clients, working closely as a team, and
achieving success on every project. WHAT WE OFFERAt VCC we truly
care. We care about you, your family, and your growth, both
professionally and personally. When you work at VCC, you will be
part of a team who is willing and ready to support you and give you
the tools to be successful. -Below are some of the excellent
benefits we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Cell phone stipend
- Vehicle allowance
- Prescription safety glasses paid -
- Medical, prescription, dental, critical illness, hospital
indemnity & accident benefits
- Company provided life insurance -
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) retirement program
- Profit Sharing
- Wellness Program
- Paid time off and paid holidays -
- Potential Bonus opportunity
- 100% 6 week maternity leave
- Based on the California Equal Pay Act, the compensation for the
role of Superintendent starts at $100k annually -JOB SUMMARY:WE ARE
LOOKING FOR ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS! -POTENTIAL SIGN ON BONUS! -As a
Superintendent you will be accountable for the entire construction
Project from mobilization to completion, by providing the
knowledge, skill and experience to run day-to-day operations on the
job site. The Project Superintendents' top priority is field
coordination, working closely with the Subcontractor(s) to ensure
that they are always focused on quality and workmanship that meet
industry standards. The daily direction and coordination of the
Project by the Superintendent ensures that the work is carried out
safely, correctly, within budget and on schedule.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Studies specifications and contract to plan procedures for
construction, ensuring start -and finish times, safety, quality,
and staffing/subcontractor requirements for each phase of
construction job are met.
- Coordinates Expediting List with the Project Engineer for
procurement materials to be delivered at specified times to conform
to work schedules, in accordance with SOP.
- Coordinates Subcontractors work in proper sequence while
keeping the overall scheduled completion done. Conducts weekly
Subcontractor meetings and reviews 3 week short interval schedule,
current quality management or activities and overall jobsite
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and
subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures,
interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of
construction to prevent delays.
- Obtains and monitors all permits, building certificates and
City inspections. Must become familiar with all local building
enforcement procedures, in accordance with SOP.
- Confers with General Superintendents, supervisory and
engineering personnel, inspectors, suppliers of materials to
resolve construction problems and improve construction
- Enforces the organizations Safety policies in accordance the
SOP and also by establishing a climate that emphasizes safety on
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship and
materials conform to specifications and the adherence to
- Review Cost Reports and complete Back Charges in accordance
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and
costs, punch lists daily diaries, billing sheets pictures and
adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Coordinates and approvals all time and material costs with
various sub-contractors. Maintains daily paperwork.
- Other Duties as assigned.WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 5 years of experience supervising all phases of ground
up commercial construction projects with a general contractor.
- Must be willing to travel as business requires.
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence
and taking initiative.
- Professional with the ability to effectively communicate with
all levels of the organization.
- Must possess valid/active drivers license.WHAT WILL SET YOU
- Experience with multi-million dollar commercial projects such
as multifamily, retail, hospitality, office, mixed use, etc. -
- Experience overseeing projects with value of $20M or more.MAKE
YOUR MOVE -We have worked to build the reputation as a leading
contractor in the nation, growing from one office in Little Rock,
Ark. to nine offices around the country, construction projects in
all 50 states, and consistently ranked in ENR's Top 100
contractors. We have maintained a debt-free, financially
conservative philosophy. This approach has kept us financially
strong. -Since the day we opened our doors, our promise has been to
deliver excellence in construction and our clients know they can
count on our team to serve them. We are proud of our history and
what we have accomplished, and we are looking for people with our
same values, passion for construction, and commitment to hard work
to help us continue our success. We look forward to meeting you and
building for the future together. - Interested in VCC? Learn about
our job postings and more: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and
participate in E-Verify.
Keywords: Vccusa, Atlanta , Commercial/Multifamily Superintendent - Southern CA/Bay Area, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!