Registered Nurse, Medical Surgical, All Locations
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- Capable clinician who has acquired broad experience in caring
for patients, and has developed a sound understanding about the
care of a particular patient population.
- Routinely uses acquired knowledge, theory, research and
experience to respond to changes in clinical situations.
- Is able to apply the Synergy Model for Care in practice, and
use this knowledge to personalize care for each
- Serves as a resource to colleagues and strong advocate for
patients/families. Consistently communicates effectively and
respectfully with the patient, the patient's family, and other
members of the healthcare team.
- Delivers safe, dependable and effective care to a patient
population independently utilizing the nursing process.
- Demonstrates developed assessment skills.
- Recognizes the impact of nursing care on patient outcomes.
- Continues to recognize own performance limitations, but
requires minimal assistance. Documents the nursing process
accurately and in the appropriate format (e.g. computer, clinical
- Plans and implements patient care independently.
- Utilizes patient/family input and goals in planning plan of
- Evaluates patient's response to planned care and adjusts plan
of care as appropriate.
- Identifies patient and family learning needs and makes
recommendations to resources regarding those needs.
- Incorporates AACN Synergy Model into clinical practice.
- Manages time effectively. Identifies the need to revise
policies and procedures for a patient population based on
receipt/review of evidence-based research.
- Delegates appropriately utilizing the Synergy model of
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Functions in a developing leadership role.
- Functions as Charge Nurse when assigned. Orients staff or
students as assigned in absence of designated preceptor.
- Utilizes resources in a responsible manner with a focus on cost
- Demonstrates effective listening skills. Reduces barriers to
- Utilizes effective conflict resolution skills. Individualizes
care based upon the knowledge of the patient and the family.
- Recognizes needs and advocates for patient based on knowledge
- Has awareness of one's own values and how they effect
interactions and relationships.
- Recognizes that cultural differences need to be considered in
developing patient and family relationships (focus on identifying
- Identifies and implements a course of action in non-routine
- May seek assistance to resolve complex issues. Respects and
maintains confidential information.
- Accepts personal accountability for professional development
- Participates within the unit to identify and address discipline
specific issues and needs.
- Articulates application of Synergy model for care in clinical
- Collects, reports, analyzes and provides data on an ongoing
basis and as required by physician and/or interdisciplinary teams
in accordance with organization standards.
- Revises and evaluates effectiveness of patient care
- Uses interviews, surveys, focus groups and questionnaires to
identify and resolves areas for improvement.
- Meets all Clinical Nurse I Employee Commitments. Achieves
points and contact hours as defined in the PLAN (clinical lattice)
point system to maintain position.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing 12 months of recent
nursing experience within the past five years or recent completion
of a re-entry nursing program.
- Must have a valid, active unencumbered Nursing license or
temporary permit approved by the Georgia Licensing Board.
- BLS certification required and ACLS may be required in
- Exceptions: Individuals currently employed as a LPN within the
EHC system at the time of completion of an accredited RN program
and becoming licensed as a RN will be considered eligible to move
to the Nurse Clinician title while matriculating through the
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (Medium-Heavy) 36-75 lbs, 0-33% of the work
day (occasionally); 20-35 lbs, 34-66% of the workday; (frequently);
10-20 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 75 lbs max;
Carrying of objects up to 35 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing &
walking; Occasional sitting; Close eye work (computers, typing,
reading, writing); Physical demands may vary depending on assigned
work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may
vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental
exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen
exposure; Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors;
Communicable diseases; Electrical shock; Floor Surfaces; Hot/Cold
Temperatures; Indoor/Outdoor conditions; Latex; Lighting; Patient
care/handling injuries; Radiation; Shift work; Travel may be
required; Use of personal protective equipment, including
respirators; environmental conditions may vary depending on
assigned work area and work tasks.
Keywords: Emory, Atlanta , Registered Nurse, Medical Surgical, All Locations, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...