Career and Internship Advisor
Company: Kennesaw State University
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Provides individual and group career advisement including but not limited to conversations about linking major to career, industry / career exploration, resume critique, mock interviews, and salary negotiation with students. Works closely with faculty and staff to administer the Internship and Co-op (experiential education) program in their assigned college(s). Works with Career Planning and Development's Employer Relations team to make industry connections for students, for the purposes of programming, and to increase recruitment activity. Conducts campus wide workshops and networking events.
1. Assists students with resume and cover letter writing, interview tips, job or internship search strategies, salary negotiation, career exploration, and more
2. Partners with campus partners to better serve the career-related needs of students who may be undeclared/in focus areas rather than declared majors
3. Creates specific programmatic offerings for students in order to assist them in generating career goals and their relation to a major
4. Develops a deep understanding and competency of career exploration resources
5. Works to promote the importance of the internship and cooperative education programs to their students, while maintaining a liaison relationship with faculty and administrators regarding the processing of and registration for for-credit internships and co-ops
6. Performs classroom, campus, and orientation presentations to students at the request of faculty or departmental staff
7. Participates in office events including but not limited to Job and Internship Fairs, networking events, and more
8. Works collaboratively with faculty and administrators in assigned college(s) to develop and offer career development content at appropriate timing
9. May serve as instructor of record for internship/co-op and career-focused courses
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Two (2) years related or transferable experience (can include graduate assistantships in a Masters program)
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge of Handshake or other CRM software
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's Degree in Higher Education Administration, Human Resources, or related fields
The budgeted salary range is $36,175 to $41,983. Offers are based on relevant experience.
Comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more! Visit hr.kennesaw.edu/benefits.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Has an understanding of Career Development best practices
Understands the relationship between Student Affairs and Academic Affairs
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
This position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
Keywords: Kennesaw State University, Atlanta , Career and Internship Advisor, Other , Kennesaw, Georgia
here to apply!