Phlebotomy I BRS FT Nights 9p-7:30a with Rotating Weekends (10 hour shifts)
Company: Northeast Georgia Health System, Inc
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job Category:Allied Health
Work Shift/Schedule:10 Hr Afternoon - EveningNortheast Georgia
Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of
our communities. About the Role:Job SummaryA phlebotomist I ensures
the validity and integrity of clinical specimens. Ensures doctors'
orders are executed correctly, special specimen handling for
esoteric testing, handling and processing of legal specimens, lab
report generation and distribution, etc. Very fast paced
environment with frequent subjection to a variety of bio-hazards.
Knows each support area in depth and performs the more complex
support duties with a minimum of supervision. This position will
care for patients in the neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult
and geriatric age groups. Employee performs clinical duties in
accordance with population specific guidelines and adheres to
National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in policy and procedures.
-Minimum Job Qualifications
- Licensure or other certifications:
- Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum Experience:
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Preferred Licensure or other certifications: Successful
completion of NPA (National Phlebotomy Association) or ASCP
(American Society of Clinical Pathologist) certification in
- Preferred Educational Requirements:
- Preferred Experience: Previous laboratory experience as a lab
assistant and bilingual skills are a plus.
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Manual dexterity, problem solving, and following detailed
- Ability to perform under stressful emergency medical
- Proficient computer skills necessary to operate computer
systems used, and Microsoft Office Products
- Good communication skills
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Performs Phlebotomy Technique in a professional manner.
Presents the Lab in a positive light to the public. -
- Properly performs routine venipuncture.
- Correctly performs micro-collection and other special
- Discerns Phlebotomy Techniques according to the condition of
- Follows safety guidelines to ensure safety of the patient as
well as own safety.
- Works well with other departments to coordinate special
- Distributes clinical specimens efficiently and
- Operates centrifuge properly. Understand and applies proper
technique according to specimen requirements.
- Correctly routes clinical specimens in a timely manner.
- Processes outpatients in timely manner and ensures they are
drawn within 15 minutes.
- Accurately retrieves patient reports from computer files in a
timely manner with no more than six errors per year.
- Accurately codes laboratory orders from the nursing unit into
laboratory information system with no more than one error per
- Sorts and delivers all Inpatient, Outpatient, and reference
report with less than six misrouting per year.
- Performs effectively and efficiently in complex emergency
situations such as multiple trauma or disaster.
- May assist in training new Laboratory Assistants in the proper
performance of Phlebotomy Technique.
- Interacts with other departments in a positive manner to
resolve identified problems with a clinical specimen.
- Insures the integrity of submitted clinical specimens. -
- Pre-processes surgically obtained and other irreplaceable
- Completes the detailed paperwork for studies/investigational
- Enters the results of testing done at reference labs.
- Maintains all quality assurance/quality control logs for the
Phlebotomy and Specimen Processing Departments.
- Prioritizes work to meet turnaround requirements that are set
by Laboratory Administration.
- Regularly checks computer files (OSR and LSR) for improperly
collected or missed specimens. Resolves the problem or routes to
- Maintains commitment to continued professional growth and
- Assists in training of new phlebotomy employees through:
Demonstrating proper techniques and assisting with venipuncture
- Weight Lifted: Up to 20 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
- Weight Carried: Up to 20 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
- Vision: Moderate, Frequently 31-65% of time
- Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Frequently 31-65%
- Standing/Walking: Occasionally 0-30%
- Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally 0-30%
- Intensity of Work: Occasionally 0-30%
- Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking,
KeyboardingWorking at NGHS means being part of something special: a
team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you
reach your goals. -NGHS: Opportunities start here.Northeast Georgia
Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not
tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status,
protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally
protected classification or status.
Keywords: Northeast Georgia Health System, Inc, Atlanta , Phlebotomy I BRS FT Nights 9p-7:30a with Rotating Weekends (10 hour shifts), Other , Braselton, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...