Certified Medication Aide - CMA, Med Tech SIGN ON BONUS
Company: Camellia Place
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Description:ATTENTION Certified Medication Aide (CMA)
Professionals: ***$1,500 SIGN ON BONUS ***
BENEFITS for Team Members (FT/PT):
- PAY DAY every FRIDAY!!
- Set Schedules
- Paid Time Off earned up to 3 weeks a year
- Quarterly Bonus Earning Opportunities
- FREE Telehealth for you and your household!
- Competitive Wages
- Tuition Reimbursement (FT)Camellia Place AL/MC is hiring CMA's
FULL TIME, PART TIME and PRN to provide care and support for
residents in our UNIQUE environment. See what makes us different at
Our community has 6 homes with no more than 16 residents in each
home. Resident Assistants work together in each home providing ADL
care, serving meals in a homelike setting and engaging programs to
keep residents active and vibrant! Make a difference, build lasting
relationships and enjoy your job at Camellia Place.
***$1,500 sign on bonus paid out over 90 day probationary
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains and maintains knowledge of Community policies and
procedures regarding all aspects of medication management.
- Remains current in knowledge of state and federal rules
regarding scope of practice, medication storage & disposal,
infection control practices & bio-hazardous waste disposal.
- Keeps control of the medication room, and medication keys at
all times and securely turns them over to the relief Medication
team member, in person, at the end of the assigned shift.
- Consistently follows the Six Rights of Medication
- Obtains supervisory clarification before providing medication
to a resident whenever a question, concern or discrepancy is
- Accurately transposes medication orders to the MAR & makes
needed revisions to the MAR according to physician orders.
- Follows proper infection control and sharps practices related
- Follows proper medication storage and disposal procedures.
- Watches for and recognizes possible medication side effects,
adverse reactions and allergic reactions and notifies Supervisor on
Duty immediately should any occur.
- Monitors Residents' medication related supplies and medication
quantities and makes arrangements for timely delivery of refills so
no doses are missed.
- Makes arrangements for timely delivery of new medications and
related supplies ordered by licensed prescribers.
- Notifies Supervisor on Duty whenever communication is needed
with the licensed prescriber, responsible party or family contacts.
When needed or instructed to do so, makes such contacts in a
professional manner and documents the contact information in the
- Accurately documents medication assistance and administration
provided, or refused by the resident, in the MAR according to
policy and professional standards.
- Follows policy, standards of care and the law regarding
storage, assistance and administration, documentation and disposal
of medications, including controlled substances.
- Immediately reports any identified medication errors to the
Supervisor on Duty per policy and takes appropriate actions to
protect the residents' well-being.
- Uses good judgment in seeking assistance from peers and
supervisors, physicians and other licensed providers, family,
responsible party and EMS.
- Documents accurately and timely, the effectiveness of PRN
medications per standards of care.
- Communicates effectively with others from shift to shift and to
others, as necessary, to facilitate the accuracy of any needed
follow-up regarding residents' medications
- Routinely inspects, cleans, and monitors the medication storage
systems, equipment and supplies for resident safety and report
concerns to the Supervisor on Duty for corrections or needed
- Assists other direct care team members in providing resident
care and services.
- Provides a complete and accurate, face-to-face shift report to
the Medication Staff member relief person coming on duty
- Keeps medication records orderly and accurate at all times
including, but not limited to, proper filing or prescribers'
orders, Controlled Drug inventory forms, receipts, log forms and
- Demonstrates knowledge of and proficiency in execution of all
components of the Emergency Preparedness Plan. Participates in fire
and disaster drills. In emergency carries out assigned duties.
- Ethics - Follows through on commitments; inspires the trust of
others; works with integrity; upholds organizational values.
- Dependability - Responds to management direction; is results
oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks; plans
well in advance but is flexible when needed.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Exhibits objectivity and openness
to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to
building a positive team spirit; communicates effectively.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts
well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration;
accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; responds to change
- Service - Demonstrates competence in the service priorities of
safety, compassionate care, courtesy and efficiency.
- Education/ Certifications:
- Current, unencumbered listing on the Georgia Certified Nursing
Assistant (C.N.A.) Registry
- Current, unencumbered listing on the Georgia Certified
Medication Aide (CMA) Registry
- Successful completion of the CMA Skills Competency Checklist
within the last 18 months and/or during the orientation process
- Background checks, drug screens, and driving records:
- Must be cleared upon hire and ongoing from all background check
requirements to work in an assisted living community in compliance
with all state and local rules and regulations and within company
- Must be clear from drug or alcohol use upon hire and/or upon
random or scheduled request by the company.
- Must be cleared by physical examination (GA)
Keywords: Camellia Place, Atlanta , Certified Medication Aide - CMA, Med Tech SIGN ON BONUS, Other , Woodstock, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...