Posted on: March 21, 2023
POSITION SUMMARYResponsible for following defined Quality
procedures for incoming/outgoing inspections, ensuring only
acceptable raw materials and products are approved and accepted
during manufacturing processes.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Determine acceptability of material by comparing
test/inspection results to specifications.
- Perform incoming/outgoing inspection of materials and
components following quality of work instructions and
- Perform final inspections and signoffs according to quality
work instructions and documents.
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of all inspection tools.
- Complete and maintain written records, record files and
computer databases as required by SOPs, Work Instructions and Test
- Interpret drawings, specifications, test methods, control plans
and sampling plans as necessary.
- Clean and maintain work areas, gauges, equipment and
instrumentation as scheduled or required.
- Communicate & cooperate with fellow employees to maintain
quality, operational efficiency & safety.
- Inspect incoming material for proper part number and
- Report nonconformance condition (either product or process) to
Plant Quality Manager and actively seek ways to improve either
individually or as part of a team.
- Perform other related duties as required.REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONSMINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- At least 2 - 4 years direct QC inspection experience
- Working knowledge of PC, good math skills and excellent written
and oral communication skills necessary.
- Mechanical "hands-on" experience.
- Experience with ISO 9001:2015 a plus.
- Able to read, interpret and follow SOPs, instructions,
specifications AutoCAD drawings and reference materials.
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate technical
- Able to operate Quality specific equipment and instrumentation
necessary to fulfill job responsibilities.PREFERRED OR DESIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent. A 2-year degree in
Technology is desirable.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective communication skills, written and verbalADDITIONAL
DESCRIPTIONFICSAL RESPONSIBILITYProvide monetary figures for the
areas most significantly impacted by this position. Items included
may be revenues, sales, budgets, purchases, etc.
- Company/Group/Unit Sales: N/A
- Controllable Budget: N/A (including payroll)SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITYIndicate the number and type of employees supervised,
level of hire/fire authority or recommendations.
- Number Supervised: Direct- 0Indirect- 0WORKING CONDITIONS
- Able to handle heavy, bulky items manually
- Occasional weekend availability
- Industrial Plant setting with exposure to temperature
fluctuations (hot during summer months and cold during winter
- Required to wear personal protective equipment as appropriate
to task and environment
- Consistently dusty and noisy work environmentPHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able lift up to 50lbs consistently
- Must be able to work 8-12 hour shifts and work weekends when
- Must be able to walk a minimum of 2 miles per dayCOMPANY
SUMMARYThrough the responsibledevelopmentof innovative
andsustainable buildingproducts,CERTAINTEED, headquartered in
Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape thebuilding
productsindustry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as
General Roofing ManufacturingCompany, the firm's slogan "Quality
Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name
CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand
of exterior and interiorbuilding products, including roofing,
siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall, and
ceilings.A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world's largest
and oldestbuilding productscompanies, CertainTeed has more than
6,300 employees and more than 60manufacturingfacilities throughout
the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.comLEGAL
STATEMENTSaint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered
veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals
with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Keywords: Saint-Gobain, Atlanta , QA Inspector, Other , Norcross, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...