Company: ABM Industries
Posted on: January 28, 2023
OverviewPosition Summary DetailsTroubleshoot, repair, maintain,
and install HVAC and related equipment as assigned. Assume day to
day coordination of specific agreements or projects as assigned to
ensure contractual commitments are met in a timely, cost effective
- Use expert technical & troubleshooting knowledge to assist
other service representatives in solving problems.
- Demonstrate capability and interest in training others.
- Can be relied on to train service technicians and
- Teach other technicians how to solve problems without solving
the problem for them.
- Keep technical knowledge up to date regarding equipment and
- When presented with a problem, know what to do, and why, and
whether to repair or replace.
- Search out and read applicable manuals and online sources.
- Belong to and take advantage of technical organizations to
improve technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate capability of a handling heavy workload of
- Upon receiving a customer complaint, follow systematic
questioning techniques and relate answers to the functioning of the
- Follow point-by-point troubleshooting guides to find faults in
a short period of time.
- Avoid needless callbacks by checking complete system before
leaving the job.
- Check safety and limit controls for proper setting before
leaving the job.
- When faced with a seemingly unsolvable problem, seek out help
and solve the problem before leaving.
- Use proper tools and instruments for troubleshooting.
- Inform customer when arriving at or leaving the job and when
planning to return.
- Explore a customer complaint to determine the real
- Respond to customer complaints with the proper amount of
sympathy and empathy.
- When the problem is caused by the customers use of the system
(rather than a fault of the system), tactfully instruct the
customer on proper use of the system.
- Give assurance to customer that the problem is fixed;
explaining cause and remedy; and if problem has not been fixed
offer explanation of situation and suggest next step.
- Demonstrate ability to accurately determine job priorities
- Adhering to planned call schedule
- Scheduling report time concurrent with jobs
- Handling interruptions in stride
- Having the proper tools, materials, and scheduled tasking when
arriving at the job site
- Scheduling maintenance of vehicle Plan project work to ensure
service representatives and material are on the job at the right
- Promptly and accurately complete all required paperwork.
- Obtain customer signature on all service reports (before work
begins when performing spot).
- Keep manager informed of unfavorable news, changes made, or
disenchantment with price increases by customers. Communicate
information to all parties who would benefit from it.
- Modify instructions to create understanding in all levels of
people regardless of their technical knowledge.
- Instruct customers personnel to the point that they can handle
emergencies by themselves and know when to call for service.
- Recognize what has to be taught to customers and take required
time to do so.
- Provide sales with qualified leads.
- Alert sales about competitive sales efforts. Provide Spot
opportunities to meet Operational team goals.
- Determine who in the customers organization is responsible for
the mechanical system being serviced.
- Persuade customer to replace obsolete systems and makes
- Assist Sales in pricing agreements and projects.
- Provide support for any special projects as assigned by your
manager. These special projects, at the determination of your
manager, may or may not become part of this positions primary
- When the Supervisor is present, the lead worker may also be
responsible for directing smaller work groups
- While disciplinary authority is not given to this position, it
is expected that the Lead will report performance issues to the
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must meet all requirements to receive approval for working in
specific ATS environments (if applicable), ten-year work history if
- Customer Service Experience
- One year of lead or supervisory experience
- 2 yrs of commercial HVAC experienceREQNUMBER: 33715All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: ABM Industries, Atlanta , Shift Lead, Other , Norcross, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!