Customer Support Advisor (CSA)
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Job DescriptionJob Title: Customer Support AdvisorReports To:
General ManagerDepartment: Parts, ExemptLocation: Atlanta
Summary of Primary Functions:Dobbs Equipment is seeking an
experienced Customer Support Advisor (CSA). This individual must be
a visible, active, and recognized customer support leader
throughout your area of responsibility (AOR) by aggressively
pursuing product support business opportunities both with existing
and new customers to enable Dobbs Equipment to achieve monthly
product support revenue & profitability objectives. This job
description does not include a complete listing of all the duties
and functions of the position. Management reserves the right to
assign other duties or projects as necessary.Essential Functions
and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. (Other duties may be assigned)
- Ensure compliance with the Dobbs Equipment Health and Safety
Policies and Procedures as defined by the Human Resources
Department and articulated in the Health and Safety Manual as well
as state/federal legislation.
- Call on all customers (current and new customers) in your
assigned territory in accordance with the agreed call frequency in
order to maximize the product support revenue and profitability
from your assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensure that the Dobbs Equipment database is properly updated on
a timely basis; this also includes the updating of customer unit
- Monitor local customer and competitive trends and make
recommendations to your manager and the local branch management
teams with the objective of enhancing our product support revenues
- Ensure customer satisfaction with Dobbs Equipment product
support and deal promptly with any disputes or potential disputes
in accordance with Dobbs Equipments policies and procedures.
Follow-up with customers to ensure that disputes are resolved on a
- Staff the parts counter as scheduled and encourage customers to
call the parts counter for routine parts orders for efficiency
- Maintain strong expense controls while performing required job
- Develop the Dobbs Customer Portal by educating and training
- Assist in the collection of accounts receivables as requested
from time to time.
- All employees are expected to adhere to the safety policies of
Dobbs Equipment and the clients for whom we work.
- Following the safety policies of Dobbs is a condition of
employment and is everyones responsibility.Key Competencies:CSAs
are expected to aggressively target Deere and All Makes customer
uptime by offering timely parts and service support focusing on the
following (4) general strategic areas:
- Selling shop and field labor jobs to Deere and All Makes
- Preventative Maintenance Agreements
- Undercarriage and Ground Engaging Tools
- Strategic parts promotions set forth in the Dobbs Equipment
CalendarAnnual targets will be set for each CSA and progress will
be measured, reviewed, and ranked on a monthly basis via a
performance scorecard. Progress towards the targets will form the
base of the Performance Management process during the fiscal year
- Branch Service Share Actual to Target
- Parts and Labor Revenue
- New Product Support Customer Revenue
- JDLink Renewal Percentage
- PM Agreement Service Completion
- Undercarriage Revenue
- Attachment Sales Revenue
- Ground Engaging Tools Revenue
- Complete CSA training as assigned on JDU
- Continue to complete courses as they become available to ensure
that you are keeping abreast of our rapidly changing
industry.Qualification: The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Valid Drivers License
- Customer Service experienceEducation, Skill, and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent from four-year college or a
minimum of 3 years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Drivers License and maintain a clean driving record.
- Ability to communicate effectively with teammates and
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to self-manage/self-motivate.
- PC literate, proficient with MS Office, with an emphasis in
Excel and Outlook required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Quick learner with the ability to think out of the box.
- Extensive driving required; overnight travel required
- Bilingual a plus.Work Environment:The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving
mechanical parts, and outside weather conditions. The noise level
in the work environment is usually quiet.Physical Demands:The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- The employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or
- The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance;
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, and color vision.Were an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action EmployerDobbs Equipment is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed
to providing an environment free of discrimination, harassment and
retaliation both for our employees and applicants. We make all
employment related decisions on the basis of an individuals
qualifications and job performance. We recruit, hire, promote,
train, transfer, and make compensation decisions without regard to
race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry or
citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, genetic
information, marital status, pregnancy status, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local law.Notice to Applicants: We participate in
E-Verify in the United States.Drug Free and Alcohol-Free Workplace
Notice.Dobbs Equipment is an Equal Opportunity and At-Will
Keywords: Careerbuilder-US, Atlanta , Customer Support Advisor (CSA), Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!